Just came from the Google Android Conference (What media was calling the GPhone)

  • digital_islandboy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2008
      I just home from the Google conference on Android... Android is the
      actual name of what much of the Media was recently calling Google's
      efforts to create a "GPhone" to take-on the Apple iPHONE.... All I
      can say is Android is going to be powerful. It has some big backers
      already. But basically it melds the idea of making mobile phones be
      powered by Linux allowing you to customize almost any and everything.
      Including homepage etc.

      I'm still on a rush from it. But Android's website is
      http://code.google.com/android/

      I'm going to write a little bit more in a short-short when I get my
      thoughts a bit more collected.

      In the meantime about Android (GPhone)
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPhone

      ~D.I.