Re: [ttcs] Internet failure hits two continents

  • Deosaran Bisnath
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
      and also hit this piece of rock, particularly the Central part. The tech guys from India apologised profusely, nothing else they can do, and I must say if this is their primary function then they do a damn good job of it.

      But, really, it is so hard to get local tech help from TSTT now, so we are isolated from our own people, with hardly any expectation of useful help from the outsourced tech support in another continent, a fee time zones apart. I tell you, they have show vast improvement, with a more Westernized accent and firstnames like Jeff, Peter etc. During my vacation in India last Sep/Oct I never came across a Jeff/John/Jane or Peter....

      For the past two days, I tried asking them to elaborate on " we are upgrading in that area" but poor guys don't know much else and in any case they are lowest level functionaries who go by the script. When can we get consistent service? dunno. Why is this happening over several days? no, sorry, dunno... is it really that bad, is it broken? no sir we sorry but we having problems ... why is taking so long? we are sorry, upgrading in your area....
      By that point I feel sorry for them, owhat else to do but say thanks and hang up.

      Hassan Voyeau <hassan.voyeau@...> wrote:
      http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/01/31/dubai.outage/index.html