TTBS list of IT standards that they are obligated to vote on at ISO

  • Dev Anand Teelucksingh
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2007
      At the Trinidad and Tobago Bureau of Standards (TTBS) IT mirror
      committee meeting on Thursday 29th November 2007, the TTBS
      distributed several draft IT standards that the TTBS is obligated to
      vote for at ISO/IEC JTC 1.

      The list of the draft standards are listed below. The two dates after
      the title of the draft refers to the opening date for comments and the
      closing date for voting. FDIS stands for Final Draft International
      Standard and FDAM stands for Final Draft AMendment

      As you can tell, votes on many of these draft standards are now due. The
      standards are not available to the public on the internet, but we have
      PDFs of these standards given at the Thursday 29th November meeting and
      can make it available to anyone interested in commenting on these
      standards. Email me at admin@... and I'll send the PDF of the
      draft standard you're interested in.

      I should mention that there are even more IT standards that the TTBS has
      to vote on in December 2007 due to its P-status membership. See
      http://www.jtc1sc34.org/document/secretariat_temp.html#calballot
      (note : 1.5MB HTML file).

      More background info regarding TTBS and involvement in ISO :
      http://ttcs.wordpress.com/2007/11/14/ttcs-ttbs-isoiec-jtc-1/

      FDIS 14776-121 Information technology –
      Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) – Part 121
      2007-10-02 2007-12-02

      FDIS 24762 Information technology –
      Security techniques – Guidelines for information and communications
      technology disaster recovery services
      2007-10-05 2007-12-05

      FDIS 23001-2 Information technology –
      MPEG systems technologies – Part 2
      2007-10-10 2007-12-10

      FDIS 18000-7.2 Information technology –
      Radio frequency identification for item management – Part 7
      2007-10-10 2007-12-10

      14496-12:2005: FDAM 2 Information technology –
      Coding of audio-visual objects – Part 12
      2007-10-11 2007-12-11

      15444-12:2005 FDAM 2 Information technology –
      JPEG 2000 image coding system – Part 12
      2007-10-11 2007-12-11

      FDIS 14496-23 Information technology –
      Coding of audio-visual objects – Part 23
      2007-10-11 2007-12-11

      9796-2:2002 FDAM 1 Information technology –
      Security techniques –
      Digital signature schemes giving message recovery - Part 2
      2007-10-12 2007-12-12

      FDIS 23000-2 Information technology –
      Multimedia application format (MPEG-A) – Part 2
      2007-10-12 2007-12-12

      FDIS 7811-8
      Identification cards – Recording technique – Part 8
      2007-10-22 2007-12-22

      19504 Information technology – Open distributed processing
      Common Warehouse Metamodel Specification Version 1.1
      2007-07-24 2007-12-24

      10646: 2003 FDAM 3 Information technology –
      Universal Multiple-Octet Coded Character Set (UCS)– Amendment 3
      2007-10-24 2007-12-24

      10995 Information technology –
      Test method for the estimation of the archival lifetime of optical
      media 2007-08-12 2008-01-12

      11002 Information technology –
      SNIA Multipath Management API Specification
      2007-08-31 2008-01-31

      ----
      Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (TTCS) at http://www.ttcsweb.org/
      "networking local computer users!"
    • Jacqueline A. Morris
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
        But it is important to try, as this is the first time that "civil society"
        has been invited to participate.
        So maybe we can pick a couple of topics and focus on those?

        Jacqueline

        22:56
      • Jacqueline A. Morris
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2007
          The TTCS/TTLUG etc aren't required to vote, the TTBS is. We can send our
          comments in on what we want to, and leave out what we don't. TTBS can then
          figure out how to decide to vote on the ones we don't weigh in on...
          Besides, Abstain is a vote.

        • al l ofus
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 10, 2007
            --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com, Dev Anand Teelucksingh <dave@...> wrote:

            > At the Trinidad and Tobago Bureau of Standards (TTBS) IT mirror
            > committee meeting on Thursday 29th November 2007, the TTBS
            > distributed several draft IT standards that the TTBS is obligated to
            > vote for at ISO/IEC JTC 1.

            [snipped]
            > ----
            > Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (TTCS) at http://www.ttcsweb.org/
            > "networking local computer users!"

            Anything on OOXML this time or we going to abstain again?

            Al
          • Dev Anand Teelucksingh
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 10, 2007
              No decision has been made on OOXML. But the TTBS will have to vote at
              the BRM in Feb 2008 on whether to approve, disapprove or abstain.

              In mid January 2008, there will be a meeting about OOXML by the TTBS.
              There will likely be presentations/speakers from Microsoft and possibly
              from IBM.

              So, any takers for looking at the OOXML standard?

              Dev T

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 11, 2007
                No. There are meetings going on. Since the TTBS does not know the
                technical minutae of the specs they should be voting on, they ahve asked
                the local tech community for help.

                There may be a public comment submission in the near future, but I think
                they are still deciding what they have to do. The TTCS wiki has a lot
                of info on it.

                > At the Trinidad and Tobago Bureau of Standards (TTBS) IT mirror
                > committee meeting on Thursday 29th November 2007, the TTBS
                > distributed several draft IT standards that the TTBS is obligated to
                > vote for at ISO/IEC JTC 1.

                [snipped]