OSX on non APPLE x86

  • piscesones123@yahoo.co.uk
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
      has anyone had any luck and can anyone give me some pointers if so?
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2007
        Digg had a pointer.

        ________________________________

        has anyone had any luck and can anyone give me some pointers if so?

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2007
          I also came across this page recently:
          http://maconpc.org/vbulletin/portal.php?show=installguide

          --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Jobity" <RichardJ@...> wrote:

          > Digg had a pointer.
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Ray Dookie
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2007
            anyone tried this as yet?

          • jeffy_tie
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2007
              please forgive me for i am not seeing the start of this email trend

              are you asking to run OSX on a system that was design for Windows or Linux OS
              if thats the case I used a program called PearPC http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/

              The program is an emulator, so ur current OS would be in d back ground

              what i did before i used the app,, was to turn off resource hungry applications like anti virus, fire wall, turn off start up application like nero... etc...
              it worked in the past for me, i was using a P3...733MHZ and 384MB of Ram...
              the application worked but the emulationed OS was slow for me because of my PC spec..

              I hope this is what you wanted to know

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
                thanks all for the info.
                i was thinking of running it natively on the box without emulation.
                i think i had seen once long ago on this list when OSX for the intel first came out that someone here had tried it out.
                i just wish apple could release it stand alone. sure they'd move a mil SKUs at least.