Re: [TTLUG] CMMB : Programmer Vacancy

  • kimaniidanieldotcom
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 2, 2007
      why would CMMB need a programmer???

      KD

      --
      ----
      http://www.kimaniidaniel.com

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 2, 2007
        Because their data needs crunching in new and different ways.

        ________________________________

        http://www.kimaniidaniel.com <http://www.kimaniidaniel.com>
        Microsoft Certified Professional
        Comptia Linux + Certified

      • Hassan Voyeau
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 2, 2007
          Every company needs a programmer :)

          On 10/2/07, kimaniidanieldotcom <kimmyworld@...> wrote:

          > why would CMMB need a programmer???
          >
          > KD

        • kimaniidanieldotcom
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 2, 2007
            yes but not full time...

            KD

            ----
            http://www.kimaniidaniel.com
            Microsoft Certified Professional
            Comptia Linux + Certified

          • Dunstan B. Nesbit
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 2, 2007
              Because the job requires you to have programming, sql and report writing
              (crystal/business objects) skills.

              Dunstan.

              On 10/2/07, kimaniidanieldotcom <kimmyworld@...> wrote:

              > why would CMMB need a programmer???
              >
              > KD
              >
              > On 9/30/07, Hassan Voyeau <hassan.voyeau@...<hassan.voyeau%40gmail.com>>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > In case you misssed it there was an ad in todays papers for a
              > > Programmer / Analyst vacancy @ CMMB
              > >
              > > https://apps.mycmmb.com/onlinerecruitment
              > >

              > --
              > ----
              > http://www.kimaniidaniel.com
              > Microsoft Certified Professional
              > Comptia Linux + Certified

            • Kerry Panchoo
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 2, 2007
                hahaha... jesus...

                kimaniidanieldotcom wrote:

                > why would CMMB need a programmer???
                >
                > KD
                >
                > On 9/30/07, Hassan Voyeau <hassan.voyeau@...
                > <mailto:hassan.voyeau%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                > >
                > > In case you misssed it there was an ad in todays papers for a
                > > Programmer / Analyst vacancy @ CMMB
                > >
                > > https://apps.mycmmb.com/onlinerecruitment
                > <https://apps.mycmmb.com/onlinerecruitment>
                > >

                > --
                > ----
                > http://www.kimaniidaniel.com <http://www.kimaniidaniel.com>
                > Microsoft Certified Professional
                > Comptia Linux + Certified

              • Kerry Panchoo
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 2, 2007
                  Hi All,

                  Seeing that richard is back on the mailing list. I have a few comments
                  and suggestions.

                  Its been a while since TTLUG has had a meeting or an election. To me it
                  seems the group is now only a mailing list with very few events etc. I
                  do not know when the group last had elections for its executive. I would
                  like to make the following suggestions:

                  - Find the TTLUG constitution (if we have one)
                  - Adopt a LUG constitution (I'm sure there may be a few out there we
                  could choose from)
                  - Hold elections for its executive (its election season :) ie.
                  President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary etc- how about the last
                  weekend of the month as the election date)
                  - Candidates for the President should put forward a list of items he/she
                  wishes to do for the following year with a plan to do so (these should
                  be a plan to find locations for meetings and possible events and an
                  action plan to get these things done)
                  - Only members who attend the meetings should vote (why? - because it
                  shows a willingness to turn up in person and do something).

                  Why am i suggesting these things?
                  - TTLUG use to have meetings once ever 2 weeks- its no longer the case
                  - Any organization like ours should have elections every year and the
                  executive change as the group changes
                  - Although Richard have done a lot for the group over th past seven
                  years and we should all be thankful for this, he seems to have a lot of
                  other responsibilities that affect his time and the attention (which is
                  fair) that the LUG needs. Seven years is a long time to be president, it
                  might be best that someone else takes charge and moves the group
                  forward, new blood, new energy. This is not meant to be a personal
                  attack on Richard. A leader has to know when it time graciously pass on
                  his chair to the next person who the group chooses (He can make his
                  recommendation for the next person as I did). I see Richard's continuing
                  roles (as is mines) to support and provide advice/opinions where and
                  when necessary. I am not opposed to Richard going up for re-election-
                  but i do not think its the best thing for the group right now.

                  On a personal note it saddens me to see TTCS doing things that TTLUG
                  should be doing, especially since we are much more focussed on Linux and
                  Open Source with a clear agenda. TTLUG has become nothing more than an
                  online mailing list, which may be the center of the daily operations of
                  a LUG, but it is not the only thing a LUG should be.
                • kimaniidanieldotcom
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 3, 2007
                    WOW!! that's exactly what I do now. What's the email again, let me send in
                    my resume!

                    KD

                    ----
                    http://www.kimaniidaniel.com
                    Microsoft Certified Professional
                    Comptia Linux + Certified

                  • Vasudev Seeram
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 3, 2007
                      I second the motion. We're drifting right now, perhaps
                      we should set some SMART (specific, measurable,
                      attainable, realistic, time-bounded) goals and work
                      towards them for the new year.

                      V.

                      http://farechase.yahoo.com/
                    • Raul Bermudez
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 3, 2007
                        I got the impression that Kerry was hoping to do something about it now. I
                        guess everyone else is very busy at this time of the year too.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 3, 2007
                          I'm thinking about something happening now rather than next year or two
                          months from now. There are many active members on the mailing list I'm
                          sure there are a few of you with definite ideas about what could be
                          done-- here is your opportunity to do something.

                          It also serves to help you gain experience in management and motivation,
                          which looks great on a resume when you list your achievements, it shows
                          self motivation and tenacity, which most employers look for when it
                          comes to management. Although being on the exec is a lot of work, it
                          does help you out in the long run.

                          You do not need to be a linux guru to run for these positions, all you
                          need to have is some management skills and some definite ideas of what
                          you want to do over the next year..

                          Raul? Nissan? Dunstan? Trevor? Donald? Anil?..... anyone else?

                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 16, 2007
                            Quite often, the people who are most concerned, couldn't be bothered. ;)

                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 16, 2007
                              well unfortunately i do not live in Trinidad, so i cannot do anything
                              about it- I can only make suggestions. If this is the way the members of
                              the LUG wants it to operate, then this will be the case.

                              Elections should be held every October-- recently TLUG (Toronto LUG) had
                              their elections, and they do so like clock work.

                              What is also very telling is that the leadership of the group is
                              noticeably quiet, and have done nothing to address my concerns or made
                              any statement about what is said-- shows a complete lack of interest on
                              his part.

                              Kerry

                              Message 14 of 15 , Oct 16, 2007
                                I couldn't say this for sure, but I suspect that Richard has allowed time to
                                pass in order to illustrate the 'stark' reality.