Re: [TTLUG] bind9, dhcp and webmin problem

  • Trevor Christian
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2007
      Regarding the DHCP aspect and your Windows clients...

      what's the output of ipconfig /all? does it seem to match the directives set
      in your conf file?

      I think the option domain-name and option domain-name-servers etc come
      within the subnet definition... I think that's how mine is and it works...

      Hope this helps... let me know...

      Regards,

      --
      Trevor "TeC" Christian
      Cell #: (767) 225 4472

    • Falina Baksh
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30, 2007
        some useful info...
        http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch7/queries.html

        Message 3 of 9 , May 4 6:59 AM
          The Linux Reality podcast episode for this week is on dnsmasq. What a
          coincidence:
          http://www.linuxreality.com/podcast/episode-60-home-servers-part-6-dns-and-dhcp/

          He mainly covered initial configuration, give it a listen if your
          interested.

          - RB