Neuros OSD Linux Media Recorder

  • Vasudev Seeram
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5 11:48 AM
      This struck a chord, due perhaps to the thread on RB's
      project.

      "Fancy yourself a programmer? Well Neuros is looking
      for your coding help to make their new OSD Linux-based
      media appliance a video-ripping, YouTube playing,
      TCPIP media monster. And what's better, Neuros is
      putting their money where your hot little hand is with
      a series of cash bounties for coding certain new
      features into the firmware of the OSD... plus Neuros
      comes through with a no questions asked 60 day return
      policy."

      http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/avcards/8af5/

      V.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6 7:57 AM
        Yeah this looks real promising. I'm not a linux
        developer/programmer/hacker though but when it's complete I'll sure
        consider getting one.

        And kudos to Neuros for doing something like that, a completely open
        source hardware device, they've relinquished all software control and
        made it totally open. The device is only limited by the imagination of
        the community around it. Unlike other devices where you have to play
        the cat and mouse game of continually circumventing the manufacturer's
        anti-hacking blocks with each new firmware update/hardware revision.

        - RB