Re: [TTLUG] Hard Drive

  • Calvin Harrigan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2007
      kimaniidanieldotcom wrote:
      > Hi Guys,
      >
      > Do y'all know of any Hard Drive Maintenance / Analysis /diagnostic tools for
      > Linux. I have a Redhat server that has a drive flashing bad, I'm wondering
      > if I can run some sort of diagnostic tool on it. Any ideas are welcomed.

      Download the utility from the drive manufacturer

      Seagate::Seatools
      Maxtor::Powermax
      etc...
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2007
        I heard from someone in an ubuntu development irc channel that the
        Free ddrescue is just as good as SpinRite when it comes to data
        recovery. I just is just last month and it got all the data off a
        failing hard drive. It doesn't diagnose though.

        - RB