Re: [TTLUG] Current state of GreenDot Service

  • Falina Baksh
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
      Its funny, people used to say that about TSTT.

      On 11/30/06, Hassan Voyeau <hassan.voyeau@...> wrote:

      > I not using them but Inshan Ishmael say they real SUCK on his Breaking
      > Barriers program last night on Flow CH 8.
      >
      > On 11/30/06, Ray Dookie <raydookie@... <raydookie%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > One of the guys here in the office is considering taking GreenDot
      > > Internet
      > > Service
      > >
      > > Anyone here using them could provide some feedback as to the current
      > state
      > > of their service?
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > --
      > > http://www.shortdrop.com/ -
      > > Buy it. Sell it. Pimp it. ShortDrop.com. Everything auto.

      > Hassan Voyeau
      > http://www.haveworld.blogspot.com

    • Kwesi Stewart
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        I think its funny that now the new companies are here like Digicel and
        Greendot they are making the companies that are already here look good.
        Digicel made a whole set of promises -- but where are they now?

        We have our network set up over 40 locations using greendot and honestly
        its not so bad. From time to time a link goes down and we call them and
        its sorted out within the hour. We run our internet from TSTT tho and
        the only problem is we need to reset the DSL modem every other day or
        so. If you are going with Greendot for your network then make sure and
        get high bandwidth. Intitally we went with 64k I believe and there were
        issues with the first packet of every ping and not being able to resolve
        hostnames. With higher bandwidth we aren't having as many problems --
        tho we often lose the first packet in locations in the south but
        strangely not in Sangre Grande. Sadly I dont think that we will be
        getting Greendot service in Tobago tho :(

        As for Greendot service for internet, I have no clue.

        I hope this info was of some use...

        peace
        Kwesi

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
          I dunno about the current state of their service but the had a really
          nice full page add in the Express the other day. I'd take it that
          means business is ready to expand.

          - RB

          --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Dookie" <raydookie@...> wrote:

          > One of the guys here in the office is considering taking GreenDot
          Internet
          > Service
          >
          > Anyone here using them could provide some feedback as to the current
          state
          > of their service?
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > --
          > http://www.shortdrop.com/ -
          > Buy it. Sell it. Pimp it. ShortDrop.com. Everything auto.

        • Rainier Rennie
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
            I don�t use Green Dot myself but two of my co-workers have it and they have
            no complaints so far. One has used it since inception and the other has used
            it for the past four months or so.

            Rainier Rennie

            _____

            "mailto:hassan.voyeau%40gmail.com"hassan.voyeau@...

            "mailto:raydookie%40gmail.com"raydookie@gmail.-com
            > <mailto:raydookie%-40gmail.com> <raydookie%40gmail.-com>>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > One of the guys here in the office is considering taking GreenDot
            > > > Internet
            > > > Service
            > > >
            > > > Anyone here using them could provide some feedback as to the current
            > > state
            > > > of their service?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks.
            > > >
            > > > --
            > > > HYPERLINK "http://www.shortdrop.com/"http://www.shortdro-p.com/
            <HYPERLINK "http://www.shortdrop.com/"http://www.shortdro-p.com/> -
            > > > Buy it. Sell it. Pimp it. ShortDrop.com. Everything auto.

            > > --
            > > Hassan Voyeau
            > > HYPERLINK
            "http://www.haveworld.blogspot.com"http://www.haveworl-d.blogspot.-com