Re: [TTLUG] Re: Really good music manager/player!

  • Trevor Christian
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 12, 2006
      You've gotten an external sound card working?
      Firewire a possibility?

      Haven't personally tried.. but stumbled across difficulty when trying to add
      my midi interface though an online suggested method of editing the modprobe
      and alsa conf re making it a "sound card" of sorts... been a while since..

      Regards,

      On 12/09/06, Richard Jobity <RichardJ@...> wrote:

      > I've actually noticed that depending on if you use ALSA or OSS, your
      > sound performance is different.
      >
      > Performance of onboard Realtek sound can be variable. I still prefer my
      > external soundcard.
      >
      > -rij

      Trevor "TeC" Christian
      Cell #: (767) 225 4472
      IM
      MSN: trevorc98@...
      YM : trevorc01
      AIM: DoubleOTeC
      Home Page (http://trevor.dalive.com/)
      Curriculum Vitae (http://trevor.dalive.com/cv/)
      DALive (http://www.dalive.com)

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 13, 2006
        For the auto-random-playlist you don't need to register on Last.FM but
        if you do you help build this kind of info. Also it helps you find
        music you might never have heard of since when you visit the site they
        can recommend groups and tracks to you based on your playing history.

        I don't think it has crossfading unfortunately, but it version 0.5 so
        it may come. You can always email the developer and recommend it.

        I don't know what it would take to get the multimedia keys to work,
        you said they just work in amaroK?

        What distros are you guys using?

        - RB

        --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com, "Dev Jurai" <DJurai@...> wrote:

        > Kimani
        >
        > You have to register on last.fm (its free) for it to work properly
        >
        > ~Dev

      • kimaniidanieldotcom
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 14, 2006
          the multimedia keys worked in amarok because i had to spend some time
          configuring lol. I;m on ubuntu 6.06.1. I will email the developer and hear
          what he has to say. But i have been using it alot... i'm loving the idea of
          building the random list... I have not registered with last.fm as yet.

          KD.

          --
          Kimanii G. Daniel
          St. Lucia: 758.715.1050

        • kimaniidanieldotcom
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 14, 2006
            Cannot find the developers email on the site... looks like he does not want
            to be bugged...

            --
            Kimanii G. Daniel
            St. Lucia: 758.715.1050

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 15, 2006
              You could try the one on this page:
              http://sourceforge.net/users/theliz48/

              But I can't guarantee that will work. Sourceforge projects have a bug
              reporting, feature requesting system though that you can use.

              - RB

              --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com, kimaniidanieldotcom <kimmyworld@...> wrote:

              > Cannot find the developers email on the site... looks like he does
              not want
              > to be bugged...
              >
              > On 9/14/06, kimaniidanieldotcom <kimmyworld@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > the multimedia keys worked in amarok because i had to spend some time
              > > configuring lol. I;m on ubuntu 6.06.1. I will email the developer
              and hear
              > > what he has to say. But i have been using it alot... i'm loving
              the idea of
              > > building the random list... I have not registered with last.fm as yet.
              > >
              > > KD.
              > >

              > > On 9/13/06, Richard Bailey <rmjb@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > For the auto-random-playlist you don't need to register on
              Last.FM but
              > > > if you do you help build this kind of info. Also it helps you find
              > > > music you might never have heard of since when you visit the
              site they
              > > > can recommend groups and tracks to you based on your playing
              history.

              > > > I don't think it has crossfading unfortunately, but it version
              0.5 so
              > > > it may come. You can always email the developer and recommend it.
              > > >
              > > > I don't know what it would take to get the multimedia keys to work,
              > > > you said they just work in amaroK?
              > > >
              > > > What distros are you guys using?
              > > >
              > > > - RB
              > > >

              > > > --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com <TTLUG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Dev Jurai"