Re: [TTLUG] Crouch Cheated

  • Jacqueline Morris
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 16, 2006
      Phone call from a media friend in Germany...

      --
      Jacqueline Morris
      www.carnivalondenet.com

      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 16, 2006
        I was wondering the same thing...

        KD

        --
        Kimanii G. Daniel
        St. Lucia: 758.715.1050

      • Raul Bermudez
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 16, 2006

          FIFA TO PULL UP CROUCH
          WORLD CUP 2006

          FIFA are set to review Peter Crouch's goal against Trinidad and Tobago after
          TV pictures showed the England striker pulled Brent Sancho's dreadlocks as
          he headed home.
          At the time it looked like a fair header from the 6ft 7in Liverpool hitman
          and referee Toru Kamikawa didn't see any infringement.
          But slow-motion replays clearly show Crouch, who was booked in England's
          first game against Paraguay, grab a handful of Sancho's hair, stopping the
          former Dundee defender jumping for the ball.

          http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/tm_objectid=17240279&method=full
          &siteid=66633&headline=fifa-to-pull-up-crouch--name_page.html

          --

          > From: "Jacqueline Morris" <jacqueline.morris@...>
          > Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:43:42 -0400
          > To: TTLUG@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [TTLUG] Crouch Cheated
          >
          > Well - I just heard that...
          > Apparently the goal that was cleared "off the line" by Terry was OVER the
          > line and thus a goal, changing the entire match. The Japanese ref has been
          > sent home, and FIFA is investigating the whole mess of a match. But I dunno
          > what they can possibly do about it at this stage...
          > Jacqueline

        • Jacqueline Morris
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 16, 2006
            a phone call from a friend in the media in Germany.

            On 6/16/06, kimaniidanieldotcom <kimmyworld@...> wrote:

            > I was wondering the same thing...
            >
            > KD
            >

            > On 6/16/06, Shivan Jaikaran <shivanj@... <shivanj%40gmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Jacqueline Morris wrote:
            > > >. The Japanese ref has been
            > > > sent home, and FIFA is investigating the whole mess of a match.
            > >
            > > what is your source?
            > >

            > --
            > Kimanii G. Daniel
            > St. Lucia: 758.715.1050
            > Grenada: 473.403.7954

            Jacqueline Morris
            www.carnivalondenet.com
            T&T Music and videos online

            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 16, 2006
              http://wc2006a.telegraph.co.uk/Document.aspx?id=295AFA8D-C6CD-44FF-8B95-E9AB1E2102BF

              Fifa will not take any action against Peter Crouch despite accusations
              from Trinidad and Tobago defender Brent Sancho yesterday that the
              Liverpool striker pulled his dreadlocks as he jumped to head the opening
              goal in England's 2-0 win in Nuremberg.

              Television replays clearly show Crouch tugging on Sancho's hair to haul
              himself above the Gillingham player, before steering David Beckham's
              83rd minute cross past goalkeeper Shaka Hislop.

              But Fifa say they can only punish players retrospectively using video
              evidence if it is a serious offence committed out of the referee's view.
              In this instance, they say, Japanese referee Toru Kamikawa ruled there
              was no foul and allowed the goal to stand.

              That led to claims from Sancho that Kamikawa was influenced by England's
              reputation and status as one of the most powerful countries in the World
              Cup.

              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 16, 2006
                Interesting, but what if what the video shows is a clear bias on the part of
                the referee himself? Anyway, punishing players retrospectively is not going
                to change our standing any, and if anything, may serve to improve other
                teams positions.

                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 16, 2006
                  Yeah, it sucks. Me being a firm believer in the power of the boycott
                  would normally say don't bother participating again but I don't think it
                  will make a difference in this case and it will just make us as a nation
                  look bad. Right now everyone loves us, no need to change that and look
                  like spoil sports instead. Sometimes you have to roll with the
                  punches... I guess.

                  Raul Bermudez wrote:
                  > Interesting, but what if what the video shows is a clear bias on the part of
                  > the referee himself? Anyway, punishing players retrospectively is not going
                  > to change our standing any, and if anything, may serve to improve other
                  > teams positions.

                • Jacqueline Morris
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 16, 2006
                    Well, the latest reports say that they can't punish anyone retroactively
                    (FIFA rules) so it stands, no matter how much crap it is... all they can do
                    is send the ref home so he doesn't do this again...but no official
                    confirmation on the ref story online as yet... not at home so I don't know
                    what the local TV said.
                    Jacqueline

                    --
                    Jacqueline Morris
                    www.carnivalondenet.com

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 16, 2006
                      That's all part of the game.... too bad we were on the side feeling the
                      effects....at least it wasn't a 'hand of god' goal

                    • Raul Bermudez
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 17, 2006

                        > From: Stephen Sankarsingh <stephentnt@...>
                        >
                        > Sometimes you have to roll with the punches...

                        ...and deliver a few. ;)
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 17, 2006
                          Can only do your best.

                          Raul Bermudez wrote:
                          >> From: Stephen Sankarsingh <stephentnt@...>
                          >>
                          >> Sometimes you have to roll with the punches...
                          >>

                          > ...and deliver a few. ;)

                        • Richard Jobity
                          • John Lewis
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 17, 2006
                              maybe the only way to fight this is to mount an
                              awareness campaign in the media to overshadow Crouch's
                              ill-gotten gains. show the video clip over and over...

                              wrote:

                              > Well, the latest reports say that they can't punish
                              > anyone retroactively
                              > (FIFA rules) so it stands, no matter how much crap
                              > it is... all they can do
                              > is send the ref home so he doesn't do this
                              > again...but no official
                              > confirmation on the ref story online as yet... not
                              > at home so I don't know
                              > what the local TV said.
                              > Jacqueline
                              >
                              > On 6/16/06, Stephen Sankarsingh <stephentnt@...>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Yeah, it sucks. Me being a firm believer in the
                              > power of the boycott
                              > > would normally say don't bother participating
                              > again but I don't think it
                              > > will make a difference in this case and it will
                              > just make us as a nation
                              > > look bad. Right now everyone loves us, no need to
                              > change that and look
                              > > like spoil sports instead. Sometimes you have to
                              > roll with the
                              > > punches... I guess.
                              > >

                              > > Raul Bermudez wrote:
                              > > > Interesting, but what if what the video shows is
                              > a clear bias on the
                              > > part of
                              > > > the referee himself? Anyway, punishing players
                              > retrospectively is not
                              > > going
                              > > > to change our standing any, and if anything, may
                              > serve to improve other
                              > > > teams positions.
                              > > >

                              > --
                              > Jacqueline Morris
                              > www.carnivalondenet.com
                              > T&T Music and videos online

                              > removed]

                              It may be that your sole purpose in life
                              is simply to serve as a warning to others!!!
                              www.jam123-online.blogspot.com

                              http://mail.yahoo.com