Trincity Mall Hotspot

  • Hassan Voyeau
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 10, 2006
      Trincity Mall now has a hotspot around the food court area.
      One will also be introduced to Long Cicular mall as well.

    • Kwesi Stewart
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 10, 2006
        Hassan Voyeau wrote:

        >Trincity Mall now has a hotspot around the food court area.
        >One will also be introduced to Long Cicular mall as well.

        Interesting, looks like I will hanging out at the mall more often.
        Coincidentally I bought a usb wireless adapter today for dad's pc and
        found out the software can emulate a broadband router or access point :)
        sweet...
      • Allan Samaroo
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 10, 2006
          Kwesi Stewart wrote:
          > Hassan Voyeau wrote:
          >

          >>Trincity Mall now has a hotspot around the food court area.
          >>One will also be introduced to Long Cicular mall as well.
          >>

          > Interesting, looks like I will hanging out at the mall more often.
          > Coincidentally I bought a usb wireless adapter today for dad's pc and
          > found out the software can emulate a broadband router or access point :)
          > sweet...

          what brand, model, etc.....where did you buy it? does it work with linux?

          allan.
        • Nolan Joseph
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 10, 2006
            What model? Did you get it locally or off the 'Net?

            NJ

            >Trincity Mall now has a hotspot around the food court area.
            >One will also be introduced to Long Cicular mall as well.

            Interesting, looks like I will hanging out at the mall more often.
            Coincidentally I bought a usb wireless adapter today for dad's pc and
            found out the software can emulate a broadband router or access point :)
            sweet...

            Trinidad and Tobago Linux Users Group
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ttlug

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            This message (and any attachments) contains information that may be confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or any parts of it, please immediately contact the sender and delete the message from your system. No other person is authorized to copy, forward, distribute, disseminate or retain this message in any form. Guardian Holdings Limited and its member companies shall not be liable for the incomplete transmission of this message or any delay in its receipt and does not guarantee that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions, and interference.

            Este mensaje (y cualquier anexo) contiene informaci�n que puede ser confidencial y protegida de revelaci�n. Si usted no es el recipiente intencionado de este mensaje o de cualquier parte, notif�quelo inmediatamente al remitente y borre este mensaje y todas sus copias de su sistema. Ninguna otra persona est� autorizada a copiar, expedir, distribuir, diseminar o retener este mensaje en cualquier forma. Guardian Holdings y sus compa��as filiales no acepta responsabilidad alguna por cualquier error u omisi�n que surja como resultado de la transmisi�n incompleta de este mensaje o ninguna tardanza de su recibo y no garantizan que esta comunicaci�n no contiene virus, interceptaciones, e interferencia.
          • Kwesi Stewart
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 10, 2006
              Trincity Mall now has a hotspot around the food court area.

              >>>One will also be introduced to Long Cicular mall as well.
              >>>

              >>Interesting, looks like I will hanging out at the mall more often.
              >>Coincidentally I bought a usb wireless adapter today for dad's pc and
              >>found out the software can emulate a broadband router or access point :)
              >>sweet...
              >>

              >what brand, model, etc.....where did you buy it? does it work with linux?
              >

              >allan.

              Its an MSI Wireless 11g USB Stick US54g

              The system requirements are quite misleading actually -- as on the box
              it says it needs a broadband router tho the manual says it can act as
              one. Similarly the box says a requirement is Windows XP (for the
              software they provide I guess) So I think a driver may be available
              (eventually) for linux.

              This is off topic, but, is there anyway for linux enthusiasts or people
              who involve linux in their bread and butter work to petition or
              encourage hardware vendors to make linux drivers? I wouldn't mind, if
              trained, doing this as a sideline. There are some very cheap solutions I
              have thought up for projects involving linux, but hardware seems to get
              in the way...

              kwesi
            • Ray Dookie
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 10, 2006
                I have one of these... the router...pci card and the usb stick... all work
                fine with ubuntu...

                --
                "Success almost never comes from a mind-blowing idea, so sitting around
                trying to find one is a waste of time. Success comes from a basic idea

              • Kwesi Stewart
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 10, 2006
                  it work with linux?*

                  i forgot to mention i bought it at Hi Touch in St Augustine for $150. I
                  believe there is a branch in Marabella.
                • Dev Jurai
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 10, 2006
                    Where's this hi touch in St Augustine ?

                    ~D

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 10, 2006
                      Dev Jurai wrote:

                      >Where's this hi touch in St Augustine ?
                      >
                      >~D

                      /me feels odd about posting off topic, now directing people to a
                      store... lol

                      If you are coming from port of spain it is after the bridge in st joseph
                      (after la joya) to the left. Look for a sign. If you pass curepe
                      junction you know you have missed it.
                      Also I am very glad to hear this works with Ubuntu, now I can start to
                      think about projects involving this stuff.

                      kwesi