UWICS Introduction To Linux Seminar at UWI Thursday 2nd Feb 2pm Rm 113 Nat Sci

  • Nissan Dookeran
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hi guys, I was waiting for UWICS to post something to their mailing
      list, but guess it's a little late in coming.
      Anyway, UWICS has invited me to give a short (1hr) talk as an
      Introduction To LInux for persons interested in this free, mature,
      Operating System.
      It is scheduled for 2pm this Thursday 2nd February at Rm 113 (that's
      the ground floor) in the Natural Sciences building.
      I'm hoping to have a system booted into Linux to demonstrate its ease
      of use and to supplement the prepared presentation, but there are no
      guarantees yet, anyone who's willing to attend from the TTCS-core/
      TTLUG-admin or otherwise and is willing to bring their Linux laptop to
      demo is welcome since mine is still down (LCD gone).
      I'll also be giving away Ubuntu CDs to those present so that anyone
      attending can go away with usable software to start experimenting with
      Linux on his/her own.
      They're not the latest Ubuntu release, but they're good enough to get
      you started exploring.
      I welcome anyone interested to attend.
      -Nissan