Re: [ttcs] Mozilla Firefox v1.5 released

  • howitgolook2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
      You may find that you are suddenly getting popup windows with this
      version as well. Popup windows that have height, width, etc.
      specified will now open in a new WINDOW by default if they are
      generated using window.open(). If you're like me and you want these
      "requested" popups to open in TABS like everything else, then fix it
      back to pre-1.5 behaviour as follows:

      1. Enter about:config in the location bar
      2. Enter browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction in the "Filter" box
      3. Double-click and change the value of this setting to 0 (2 is the
      new default)

      If this setting was not already present, then you will need to create
      it by right-clicking, selecting New->Integer, then entering a value of 0.

      More details about what's new in this version can be found at:
      http://www.squarefree.com/burningedge/releases/1.5-comprehensive.html

      --howitgolook

      --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com, Allan Samaroo <samaroo@g...> wrote:

      > this version will disable any extension that's not compatible. little
      > trick is to open the .xpi file using something like 7-Zip and edit the
      > install.rdf file. look for maxversion and replace the value with 1.5
      > (eg from 1.0+ to 1.5+ etc).
      >
      > before you do that tho, check the extension author's homepage for the
      > latest (and maybe compatible) version. the mozilla site isn't always
      > current.
      >

      > allan.
      >

      > Dev Anand Teelucksingh wrote:
      > > Download from http://www.mozilla.com/ for Windows, MacOS and Linux
      > >
      > > From http://www.mozillazine.org/ :
      > >
      > > "Firefox 1.5 introduces several new features, including an improved
      > > software update system, faster Back / Forward page navigation, a new
      > > options to clear private browsing data, drag-and-drop reordering of
      > > browser tabs, a redesigned Options/Preferences window and more robust
      > > popup blocking. Standards support is also improved, with support for
      > > Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), JavaScript 1.6 and additional CSS
      > > properties. Accessibility is much improved (including new DHTML
      > > accessibility features), security has been enhanced and Mac OS X
      support
      > > has also been improved."
      > >
      > > Dev T

    • Richard Hamel-Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
        Ok, I tried it. It screwed up my extensions, looked for updates, didn't
        find any, said to hell with it, went back to my previous versions.

        Extensions need to be updated.

        Richard
      • Dev Jurai
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
          I think there's a bug in the updater because if you manually check most
          extensions have an update or are compatible with 1.5

          Just search and download them over (I only use about 5 so it wasn't much
          hassle)

          ~D