Re: [TTLUG] Internet Cafe

  • Richard Hamel-Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005

      > Colin Darmanie wrote:
      >

      >>The internet cafe is opposite KFC car park in St. James. It's called
      >>Cell-U-Tech Communications (he sells cell phones too, hence the name !)
      >>
      >>Regards,
      >>Colin

      So is that a plan then? St James, opp KFC car park. Tomorrow (Saturday)
      is it confirmed? Time????? all day? afternoon? evening?

      next to KFC so we don't have to study eats/drinks.

      Is it a go? Bring your Samba issues and come???

      Richard
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
        Let's do this.

        >>The internet cafe is opposite KFC car park in St. James. It's called
        >>Cell-U-Tech Communications (he sells cell phones too, hence the name !)
        >>
        >>Regards,
        >>Colin

        So is that a plan then? St James, opp KFC car park. Tomorrow (Saturday)
        is it confirmed? Time????? all day? afternoon? evening?

        next to KFC so we don't have to study eats/drinks.

        Is it a go? Bring your Samba issues and come???

        Richard

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Colin Darmanie
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
          Guys,

          I just spoke to the owner of the cafe, he says it's not a problem for us to
          use the cafe on a Saturday but he told me that his internet connection is
          presently down (some problem at the exchange) So, this Saturday is out. I
          will try for next Saturday (1-4 pm). I will also use the time to do a
          (norton) ghost of his PCs so that we can freely install on the machines and
          then ghost them when we're done to restore his Windows XP config.

          As for eats and drinks, KFC is just across the road, Subway is around the
          corner and Hot Shoppe is down to the end of the street !

          Lets plan this thing out properly. I was thinking, since we have windows xp
          machines in the cafe we can convert one or two into Linux/Samba servers and
          possibly one into a Windows 2000 server to see how the Samba interacts as
          both a PDC and as a regular member server in a domain. If you guys have any
          other configurations you want to try out let me know, so that we can
          formulate a proper agenda for the meeting instead of people just doing
          things on their own.

          Like I said before, i'm new to this users group and i dont really know how
          you guys operate your meetings/get togethers. I just think that we should
          have an agenda so that we can make the best possible use of the time. I have
          Redhat 9.0 (Shrike) to install, plus i have a copy of windows 2000 server
          that we can use. Let me know what you guys have an what you want to install.

          Hopefully this can turn into a regular thing were we can practice
          instalations of Samba, Apache, Mail servers etc and various distributions of
          Linux.

          Regards,
          Colin

          >Message: 7
          > Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:18:29 +0200 (MEST)
          > From: samaroo@...
          >Subject: RE: Internet Cafe
          >
          >Colin,
          >
          >Can you arrange the time for us? Don't want to impose too much on de man
          >business.
          >
          >Either Saturday or Sunday afternoon, and i'd say from about 1-4pm, although
          >we have been known to leave about 5, 6pm........
          >
          >Allan.
          >

          > > --- Urspr´┐Żngliche Nachricht ---
          > > Von: "Richard Jobity" <RichardJ@...>
          > > An: <TTLUG@yahoogroups.com>
          > > Betreff: RE: [TTLUG] Internet Cafe
          > > Datum: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:46:26 -0400
          > >
          > > Let's do this.

        • Allan Samaroo
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
            Colin Darmanie wrote:
            > Guys,
            >
            > I just spoke to the owner of the cafe, he says it's not a problem for us to
            > use the cafe on a Saturday but he told me that his internet connection is
            > presently down (some problem at the exchange) So, this Saturday is out.

            actually, we've never really needed an internet connection for a ttlug
            meeting. but i hear ya with ghosting the drives. keep us informed.

            allan.