RE: [TTLUG] streaming audio - from a radio station - on the net

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2005
      Yuh podcasting?

      -----Original Message-----
      From: TTLUG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TTLUG@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of
      Deosaran Bisnath
      Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 2:32 PM
      To: ttcs@yahoogroups.com; ttlug@yahoogroups.com; deobisnath@...
      Subject: [TTLUG] streaming audio - from a radio station - on the net

      I have almost completed basic design stuff, requirements, but I am now
      considering the capability of re-broadcasting output from several sources,
      e.g
      from a fm radio station, from public forums, even a home-grown radio
      station.

      what is requried? please note I intend to build and run the capability for
      maybe a thousand or more listeners, so I need to get hardware and host and
      software to be capable of dong this... seems like powweb and shoutcast or
      icecast aren't powerful enough for this...

      I request and welcome suggestions and advice on this, thanks
      please also respond to deobisnath@...

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Shivan Jaikaran
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15, 2005
        Post replies to the list so others can benefit.

        Shivan

        On 4/15/05, Deosaran Bisnath <dbisnath@...> wrote:

        > I have almost completed basic design stuff, requirements, but I am now
        > considering the capability of re-broadcasting output from several sources,
        > e.g
        > from a fm radio station, from public forums, even a home-grown radio
        > station.
        >
        > what is requried? please note I intend to build and run the capability for
        > maybe a thousand or more listeners, so I need to get hardware and host and
        > software to be capable of dong this... seems like powweb and shoutcast or
        > icecast aren't powerful enough for this...
        >
        > I request and welcome suggestions and advice on this, thanks
        > please also respond to deobisnath@...
        >
        > Regards,

        Shivan
      • Deosaran Bisnath
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 17, 2005
          Certainly. So far, the two best server options are
          RackSpace and Servermatrix.
          There is another candidate, I believe it's live365, but we need to
          look at it in more detail.
          Rackspace is top of the line, more expensive, but superb support.
          Good feature of both is that you can start with a basic prototype
          setup of a few 'listeners', test etc, and the scale up if desired.

          Thanks.