Re: [TTLUG] Slackware 10.1 is released

  • Richard Hamel-Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7 3:57 PM
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh wrote:
      > "The first Slackware release of 2005, Slackware Linux 10.1 continues
      > the long Slackware tradition of simplicity, stability, and security.
      >
      > Among the many program updates and distribution enhancements, you'll
      > find two of the most advanced desktop environments available today:
      > Xfce 4.2.0, a fast and lightweight but visually appealing and easy
      > to use desktop environment, and KDE 3.3.2, the latest version of the
      > award-winning K Desktop Environment. GNOME 2.6.1 with several
      > upgrades and bug fixes compared with Slackware 10.0 is also included."

      I know you throwing dat one for me, Dev, but I'm way ahead of you. Just
      waiting for a couple torrents to finish first.

      This version supports SATA, but I don't have a SATA-capable mobo to try
      it out.

      Richard
    • Dev Anand Teelucksingh
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8 7:01 AM
        :-) Actually, I guess I'm a Slackware convert, have one machine @ work
        with Samba, and Apache,PHP, MySQL and Wordpress and looking to use other
        servers with Slackware. Also have one machine & home for installation
        and testing.

        Also decided to buy Slackware at the Slackware store to help support the
        Slackware project (and with Pat's rising health costs)

        Dev T