Re: [TTLUG] Invitation to comment -- Linux Small Business Server Spec.

  • Dale Chulhan (Groups)
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2004
      Of course quick on the tail, you can get 10, for free plus Sun CEO guy
      has said hat he plans to give it away for free forever...... I'll dig up
      that info later on, but in the mean time, you could also get 10 for free....

> [...]
    • Dale Chulhan (Groups)
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2004
        Did I mention also that the second release of Solaris 10 will have full
        lunix BINARY compatibility guaranteed by Sun? Nice .......

        To Solaris 10 in a Joey Tribiany kinda way: "How you doin'?"
      • Randall Maharaj
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2004
          That sounds good. Also image each company's drive every few weeks so
          that you have a backup incase the gremlins attack.

        • Ansar Mohammed
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 1, 2004
            Solaris 10 is still in "beta".

            Only the "Express" edition is available.

            Dale Chulhan (Groups) wrote:

            >Of course quick on the tail, you can get 10, for free plus Sun CEO guy
            >has said hat he plans to give it away for free forever...... I'll dig up
            >that info later on, but in the mean time, you could also get 10 for free....

          • Ansar Mohammed
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 1, 2004
              Solaris 9 also has Linux Binary compatibility.

              http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/9/ds/ds-linux/

              Dale Chulhan (Groups) wrote:

              >Did I mention also that the second release of Solaris 10 will have full
              >lunix BINARY compatibility guaranteed by Sun? Nice .......
              >
              >To Solaris 10 in a Joey Tribiany kinda way: "How you doin'?"
              >

              >Help build TTLUG by forwarding this to anyone who is interested in the
              >subject matter or would otherwise benefit from joining the mailing list.

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Ansar Mohammed
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2004
                But is it fully supported in 10 ;)

                Sorry there Dale, BTW where are you?

                Ansar Mohammed wrote:

                >Solaris 9 also has Linux Binary compatibility.
                >
                >http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/9/ds/ds-linux/
                >

                >Dale Chulhan (Groups) wrote:
                >

                >>Did I mention also that the second release of Solaris 10 will have full
                >>lunix BINARY compatibility guaranteed by Sun? Nice .......
                >>
                >>To Solaris 10 in a Joey Tribiany kinda way: "How you doin'?"
                >>

                >>Help build TTLUG by forwarding this to anyone who is interested in the
                >>subject matter or would otherwise benefit from joining the mailing list.

                >>Yahoo! Groups Links

                >Help build TTLUG by forwarding this to anyone who is interested in the
                >subject matter or would otherwise benefit from joining the mailing list.

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Dale Chulhan (Groups)
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 1, 2004
                  I did write guaranteed compatability from sun (that's a long way from
                  supported or compatible) this is Sun's project Janus.

                  You are right, it's only express and not FCS.... (Also known as Solaris
                  10 beta 7 I was told) but still as exciting never the less.

                  I here in London breds, pressure, every exposed appendage frozen. So
                  basically I here trying to reduce my exposed appendages as much as possible.