Today I ...

  • Richard Hamel-Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2004
      finally solved a problem that has been bothering for a long time. How to
      get OpenOffice to query SQL Server.

      Thing is, in the end it was very simple. I missed out that I had to set
      2 variables, SYBASE and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

      That wasn't the end of the story tho'. Having got it to connect, it
      absolutely *sucked* at performance. Terrible.

      So now I have another problem to solve. Anybody got any ideas? It seems
      to query fine. At least, in the query screen I get back results fairly
      quick.

      But when I try to manipulate the data into a pivot table, it basically
      goes into la-la land. Horrible.

      Has anybody heard of this? Any suggestions?

      Richard