Re: [ttcs] Mozilla / Mozilla Firefox User Interface Spoofing Vulnerability

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 5:28 AM
      Richard Jobity wrote:

      Continued:

      http://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=116375&cid=9851479

      "The real problem here is not so much XUL, but Javascript!

      Why does the browser even allow Javascript to create popup windows
      without toolbars, menu bars and status bars? This has to be one of the
      most annoying features of any web browser, I can't for the life of me
      understand why anyone would think up or need such a feature.

      Without this Javascript, you couldn't turn the real menubars and
      toolbars off, and the problem would be much less severe since although
      you'd have a second set of interface controls within the browser window,
      the real status bar would be at the bottom, and the real menubar would
      be at the top.

      Firefox already has a way to block JS from doing this and using several
      other of its most annoying features, and indeed I personally have these
      limits switched on already. Put about:config in the address bar, and
      change these entires to the following values (or look up how to make a
      user.js file on Google):

      dom.disable_window_move_resize = true
      dom.disable_window_open_feature.close = true
      dom.disable_window_open_feature.directories = true
      dom.disable_window_open_feature.location = true
      dom.disable_window_open_feature.menubar = true
      dom.disable_window_open_feature.minimizable = true
      dom.disable_window_open_feature.personalbar = true
      dom.disable_window_open_feature.resizable = true
      dom.disable_window_open_feature.scrollbars = true
      dom.disable_window_open_feature.status = true
      dom.disable_window_open_feature.titlebar = true
      dom.disable_window_open_feature.toolbar = true
      dom.disable_window_status_change = true

      "

      Comments belong to the Slashdot poster.

      --
      Richard Jobity, Tunapuna, Trinidad and Tobago | ph: (868) 620-5550
      http://www.ttlug.org | http://www.weakblog.com | http://www.jobity.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2004

        Want to play graphics-intensive Windows games like Far Cry and Battlefield
        Vietnam on your Linux box? Finally, there's a way--and it's called Cedega.
        We've just done an in-depth review of the service to see how well it works.
        Our results are mixed. Yes, it does work mostly. But it might not be worth
        the monthly subscription. Our review provides all the insight.