      From: Kerry Panchoo [mailto:kpanchoo@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 2:45 PM
      To: TTLUG@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TTLUG] Red Hat 8.0 is out

      well u could easily set up an apache server off somebodys old 200 with enuff hard drive space.. and use http://www.dyndns.org to keep it going using one of its clients. create a free account like TTLUG.DYNDNS.ORG - off course the machine has to be on 24/7- i think it could easily be part of someones network with ipchains running for the rest of the network. The trinidad downloads will be alot faster than going outside TSTT.. but you will still be running on a dialup 56K connection.. but its better than nothing.. just beware of 100 ttlugers trying to download everything at the same time

      I have something similar running of my network, but i have a cable model with my bandwidth being about 384K (not the best, but does the job nicely)

      Kerry

      Vlade Malfet wrote:
      we SERIOUSLY need a local Linux Mirror site....
      and i dont mean what carib-link or intereserve offers...that is nto a
      mirror..i think they are redirecting from another site...cause i would
      downlaod of them at 3 kbs...but get 4-5 from florida?...i mena....doset that
      seem a little odd?
      From: Kerry Panchoo <kpanchoo@...>
      Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:01:17 -0400
      To: TTLUG@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TTLUG] Red Hat 8.0 is out

      5 CDs, together with the rest of the world, i'm trying to

      download right

      now.. redhat.com is crawling!!!! the mirrors are slow...
      arrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

      Kerry

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      =====
      **************
      Richard Jobity, Trinidad and Tobago
      ICQ: 5183191; http://chanderspot.go.to

      "If the strength of your new cryptosystem relies on the fact that the

      attacker does not know the algorithm's inner workings, you're sunk...The
      best algorithms we have are ones that have been made public, have been
      attacked by the world's best cryptographers for years, and are still
      unbreakable."

      --Bruce Scheier; Applied Cryptography (Second Edition); page 7

      Home Selling? Try Us!
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/MVfIAA/0XFolB/TM