19354Re: [ttlug] Its alive.

    Jun 4 9:29 AM
      Sucks when all you guys talk about is Linux desktops and the desktop sucks
      so hard. Any interesting applications? Recently, I've been using something
      called Fabric. Fabric + ssh-keys allows you to run commands on remote
      servers from your local machine. I've used it to start consolidating my
      sysadmin and (sql) reporting scripts. This way all my scripts and crons are
      on a single server instead of spread out across 2-3 dozen servers. Makes
      for some kickass automation options leaving you with more time to do
      nothing :)

      Doing nothing should be every sysadmin's goal.

      /Stephen