19263Re: [ttlug] Fw: Ubuntu 11.04: The ultimate educational desktop? [ZDNET]

    May 9, 2011
      Not quite, Gnome3 is a totally new interface and Ubuntu has invested in a
      different interface caller Unity, which is also totally different.
      Traditional users are sort of being left behind.

      As for the changing of an IP address that was most likely caused by their
      poor implementation of X networking and NetworkManager, which is a
      RedHat/Fedora project.
      On 9 May 2011 08:35, "Stephen Sankarsingh" <stephentnt@...> wrote:
      > So if I'm getting this right, there's a new version of Gnome that looks a
      > lot different from the old version, Ubuntu is using it and people are
      > complaining?
      >
      > From my limited experience of Ubuntu, the GUI messed up the simple act of
      > changing an IP address. For some reason it only worked after a reboot.
      Also,