19207FW: [Glug list] OLPF Hiring ICT Trainers
- Oct 6, 2010At least someone seems to be learning from our mistakes.
From: glug-bounces@... [mailto:glug-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jud Lohmeyer
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 10:46 PM
Subject: [Glug list] OLPF Hiring ICT Trainers
ICT Professionals & Educators
The Office of the President is seeking expressions of interest from qualified individuals to fill positions as ICT (Information Communication Technology) Trainers throughout Guyana to support the One Laptop Per Family initiative (“OLPF”). OLPF is a program that ensures that families get the resources and training in basic computer skills that are essential for job-preparedness in the modern economy. By pairing earned laptops, ICT trainers and ICT infrastructure OLPF is designed as an affordable, common-sense approach to training and graduating family members for the information technology age and economy.
OLPF training will include classroom training of basic ICT skills, training on the application of ICT skills to specific jobs, and personalized training to ensure every individual is able to benefit from OLPF. Qualified individuals will be offered no-cost training through a specialized program to prepare them as Certified ICT Trainers to lead the OLPF initiative. OLPF will work to place ICT Trainers in regions near their home. All trainers joining the OLPF Team will be provided a OLPF netbook computer.
1. Information Technology certificate, diploma or degree from a recognized institution
2. Flexibility in working location, days and hours
3. Ability and willingness to travel within a sub region
4. Passion for ICT and how it will transform Guyana
5. Ability to communicate effectively and work with groups of up to 30 individuals
6. Strong interpersonal skills to work one on one
7. Ability to follow training material and flexibility to communicate with diverse individuals
8. Goal oriented both individually and Nationally
Interested persons should submit their CV with cover letter including current address and original community of origin via e mail to trainerjobs@... Application acceptance period will close October 29. Individuals selected will be notified to schedule an interview. Participants will be required to commit one year of service in exchange for training and laptop.
One Laptop Per Family
Project Management Office
Office of the President
Yahoo/Skype IM & VOIP: ussgeronimo
(592) 667-4337 Mobile-GY
(562) 219-2065 Skype-US
(501) 642-7613 eFax-US
Glug mailing list
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- Next post in topic >>