18954Re: [ttlug] Google launches new programming language - Go

  • Hassan Voyeau
    Nov 11, 2009
      I wouldn't worry too much about syntax. Syntax is something you get
      accustomed to eventually. I would focus on the features provided.

      from http://golang.org/doc/go_faq.html#What_is_the_purpose_of_the_project
      "

      - It is possible to compile a large Go program in a few seconds on a
      single computer.
      - Go provides a model for software construction that makes dependency
      analysis easy and avoids much of the overhead of C-style include files and
      libraries.
      - Go's type system has no hierarchy, so no time is spent defining the
      relationships between types. Also, although Go has static types the language
      attempts to make types feel lighter weight than in typical OO languages.
      - Go is fully garbage-collected and provides fundamental support for
      concurrent execution and communication.
      - By its design, Go proposes an approach for the construction of system
      software on multicore machines.

      "