16738Re: Wanted: A Socket A processor

    Apr 6, 2007
      --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com, Calvin Harrigan <charriglists@...> wrote:

      > All I can say is WOW. You're a PC killer. I think it IS doing a bit
      > much. How much memory is in it?

      It just has 376MB memory and 500MB swap and that works fine.

      All those services on this one box just grew organically. I wanted
      something and I know this would always be on so I installed it there.
      Then some time passed and I wanted another thing and I install it
      there again. After a long time I realised I've totally loaded this one
      little PC.

      Oh and it seems my 1600 Duron is up to the task after all, I think the
      problem with stuttering transcoding was because X hung and was
      consuming all the cpu. When I fixed that the videos play fine.

      > What is the size of the partitions?

      / is 19G, 63% used
      /boot is 96M, 20% used
      /mnt/shares is 373G, 61% used

      That last one is the large filesystem, it's xfs on lvm2 on software
      raid5 on 3 200G partitions managed by evms. Evms makes it easier to
      manage these kinds of disk setups.

      - RB
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic