16595Re: Compatible Hard Drives on Linux

    Mar 3, 2007
      Looks like I'm late to the party. In Linux I think what you need to
      look for is support for the Hard Drive controller and not so much the
      drive itself. So if your existing scsi card works, adding more drives
      wont be a problem.

      If you're adding a new scsi card or an iscsi card or a fibre channel
      hba then you'll need to check up on those.

      - RB

      --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com, Vasudev Seeram <cavguy101@...> wrote:

      > I want to add two new hard drives to a Linux box at
      > work (RHEL ES 3). To be on the safe side, I checked
      > the Red Hat Hardware Catalog
      > (http://bugzilla.redhat.com/hwcert/), but did not see
      > any hard drives listed. Is it that all hard drives are
      > compatible under RHEL, and I can just add them in and
      > run kudzu to pick them up?
      >

      > V.
      > p.s. The current hard drives in the box are all SCSI
      > (/dev/sd?).

      > http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic