16480Re: Swapping basic users' windows with linux

    Jan 22, 2007
      She's is on dial-up remember? Also, she isn't the kind to get a
      webcam, even if she did she'd ask me to set it up for her regardless
      of it being Windows, DOS, OS/2 or Ubuntu.

      The most she'll want is a printer and I'll tell her exactly which one
      to get when that time comes.

      The Ubuntu came with 2 of the 4 icons that she'll need to use, the
      others being the one to connect to the internet and Open Office.

      --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com, kimaniidanieldotcom <kimmyworld@...> wrote:

      > Dual boot. Make Linux the default startup OS. Setup the Ubuntu with
      all the
      > icons she needs on the desktop. Run all updates on windows and
      Ubuntu. So
      > just in case she's trying to use her fancy webcam and is having
      problems in
      > Ubuntu she can always restart into Windows. :o)
      >
      > KD
      >
      > On 1/22/07, Richard Bailey <rmjb@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey Stephen, it's great to hear your aunt will be using Ubuntu.
      I have