      From: TTLUG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TTLUG@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      kimaniidanieldotcom
      Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 11:31 AM
      To: TTLUG@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TTLUG] Re: Ubuntu Open Week

      Richard,

      If u'r a numskull, then i'm Albert Einstein. I've been running Ubuntu
      for
      2.5 months now, I upgraded from dapper to edge, got XGL + beryl working
      and
      even got my bluetooth logitech mouse working better than in windows. I
      was
      going all good then I got some web development todo, so i go over to
      windows
      to use dreamweaver, while doing that windows froze because someone sent
      me a
      file over google talk. Now i'm back in ubuntu i'm having a problem doing
      the
      webdevelopment work, NVU cannot open PHP files, that's a big problem for
      me
      in that I need a wysiwyg editor to design my web forms and tables. I
      want to
      stay on my linux side.... any idea guys?

      Kimanii

      On 12/1/06, Richard Jobity <RichardJ@...
      <mailto:RichardJ%40ngc.co.tt> > wrote:

      > Indeed.
      >
      > If even a numbskull like me can run Linux at home (365 days plus and
      > counting) and do what I need to do, then anyone should be able to do
      it.

      > -rij
      >
      > ________________________________
      >
      > From: TTLUG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TTLUG%40yahoogroups.com>
      <TTLUG%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:
      > TTLUG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TTLUG%40yahoogroups.com>
      <TTLUG%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of
      > Richard Bailey
      > Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 9:49 AM
      > To: TTLUG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TTLUG%40yahoogroups.com>
      <TTLUG%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: [TTLUG] Re: Ubuntu Open Week
      >
      > To tell you the truth I can't remember the last time I booted Windows
      > on my home PC.
      >
      > And Civ4 is supported by Cedega:
      > http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games/view.mhtml?game_id=4004
      <http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games/view.mhtml?game_id=4004>
      > <http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games/view.mhtml?game_id=4004
      <http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games/view.mhtml?game_id=4004> >

      > So what I'm saying is... do it!
      >
      > - RB
      >
      > --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TTLUG%40yahoogroups.com>
      <TTLUG%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:TTLUG%<TTLUG%25>
      > 40yahoogroups.com> , Stephen
      > Sankarsingh <stephentnt@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > This is awesome, actually got to help out a nub or two and learnt
      some
      > > stuff i otherwise wouldn't have come across. I almost want to ditch
      XP
      > > right away and install ubuntu (but i won't since i may want to play
      > civ4
      > > still). Been on it since last night and now someone is offering to
      > teach
      > > me a little phython on IRC for one hour each week :)
      > >

      > > Richard Bailey wrote:
      > > > Well it's not too late for this. This week Ubuntu is having an
      Open
      > > > Week where there's a bunch of sessions in IRC throughout the week
      > > > imparting knowledge about how Ubuntu is structured, how the
      > > > translation tool works, how to package for Ubuntu (and by
      extension
      > > > any Debian based distro) and a bunch of other items.
      > > >
      > > > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek
      <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek>
      > <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek
      <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek> >

      > > > Even if you're not an Ubuntu user these sessions can still
      benefit.
      > > > The least is will do is show you how a popular Linux distro is
      > made up.
      > > >
      > > > - RB

      Kimanii G. Daniel
      St. Lucia: 758.519.3720