16268Re: [TTLUG] Ubuntu Open Week

    Dec 1, 2006
      This is awesome, actually got to help out a nub or two and learnt some
      stuff i otherwise wouldn't have come across. I almost want to ditch XP
      right away and install ubuntu (but i won't since i may want to play civ4
      still). Been on it since last night and now someone is offering to teach
      me a little phython on IRC for one hour each week :)

      Richard Bailey wrote:
      > Well it's not too late for this. This week Ubuntu is having an Open
      > Week where there's a bunch of sessions in IRC throughout the week
      > imparting knowledge about how Ubuntu is structured, how the
      > translation tool works, how to package for Ubuntu (and by extension
      > any Debian based distro) and a bunch of other items.
      > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek
      > Even if you're not an Ubuntu user these sessions can still benefit.
      > The least is will do is show you how a popular Linux distro is made up.
      > - RB
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic