Re: [TOS_thinkscript] The Evolution of Moving Averages

  • Chiun H Wu
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1 7:44 AM
      It depends what do you mean by "better".
      Check out "Hull Moving Average".

      Joseph

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2 12:15 PM
        Joseph,
        Thank you, thank you. I had looked at the Hull Moving Avg before,
        and knew it was real good, but after your suggestion, I went back and
        looked at it again, and it is great for what I am doing. I am using
        the slope of the trend line to determine when a trend is slowing down,
        or changing. The Hull is excellent for this because it is very
        smooth, but hugs the price line very tight. My study using the slope
        of the Hull Moving Avg is giving me much better signals.

        TS

        --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, Chiun H Wu <josephwu@...> wrote:

        > It depends what do you mean by "better".
        > Check out "Hull Moving Average".
        >
        > Joseph

      • Stock
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 18, 2010

          tradescripter,

          Here's an MA that you might like to look at:  Zero-Lag Moving Average.   I thought it has an interesting plot on a chart.

        • tradescripter
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 18, 2010
            Thank's. I took a look at that study. I'm not a big fan of Moving Averages. It's just my personal preference. I like ParabolicSAR's. I'll post some ideas of my own about PSAR's under a new subject.