Is there a way to set alerts for trendline break?

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1 12:42 PM
      I know it is not supported through TOS UI (looks like it never will be), but can I do it programatically?

      Thanks.

      -Sam
    • Adam Green
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1 3:11 PM
        This is something I believe is coming sooner rather than later, but I'd suggest you email thinkScript@... and get the word from the horse's mouth (and please cc their reply back here.)

        If you want an arbitrary trend line (something that comes close to the highs across a period of time, etc.) then that's pretty tough, but if you want a specialized trend line (something that we can define as a formula) then it's not impossible.  You'd probably (sorry for the impending pun) get 99% the same alerts by using a 1.0 bollinger band.