Erman TA

  • K L O U T
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010
      Happy New Year Everyone:

      I came across an predictive analysis by W. ERMAN. Erman focused on TIME. He has some very interesting concepts for predicting turns in the markets.

      One of the most profound discoveries Erman makes is that the markets tell you of major turns when a major HIGH or LOW happens at DIFFERENT TIMES between the S&P and the DOW. Erman calls these points Balance Points.

      I have back tested ERMAN techniques with good results so far.

      I would like to know if anyone else has experience with ERMAN and if there are further resources on the web besides ERMAN REASEARCH site.

      Please let me know what you find on Erman. Thanks

      http://www.ermanometry.com/

      klout
    • Adam Green
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010
        Looks like it's been coded in EasyLanguage.  If you find some EL source code, perhaps someone here can translate it into thinkScript.

        I'm not sure that Erman was the first (or the current authority) to observe "harmonious" patterns in seemingly chaotic data (stock market price action.)

        I do take exception to the abuse and disrespect for the expression "We hold these truths to be self-evident."  I think the people of the USA have become complacent about their liberty and independence -- banal disregard for importance and the cost of life that put those words into history is inappropriate in casual conversation, let alone in attempting to promote a business or sell a product.

        That said, I can't quite believe their price model!  Something new!

        Pay $275 + $6 for the book, which is not yet written and has no publisher or publishing date.
        Receive email "alerts" until then book arrives, then the alerts end.

        So the real business model is to tout an Earth-shattering discovery that will make money without fail -- nothing new about that!  But the new part is, instead of buying yet-another-subscription-to-a-market-forecast-alert-serivce, instead pay for a book that doesn't exist and may never be published.  Coincidentally, the book price is very high by any standard and equates to -- on average market price -- about six months of a typical market alerts service.  (With the bonus of getting a nice 300+ page book if it ever eventuates.

        And the clever part is the author (Ernan) can go to prospective publishers and say "hey, look, 1000 pre-sold and all these subscribers to my alert service!" : )  I don't mean to be too cynical and I'm not suggesting it's unethical or even that's it's bad value, but that's a pretty clever game.

        By the way, I skimmed over the site and couldn't find any record of this system going on record to predict market events, only to fit the Erman concepts to historical data.  Has anyone got references more recent than March or May; or any instance of forward-looking predictions "on the record" to prove this system has predictive capabilities?  Seems to me, Erman should have, by now, mentioned a lot about the last nine month rally (arguably as historic as the preceding crash.)

        Interesting stuff.  I think I'll shoot them an email and see what they've been doing since May.

        --
        Adam