Re: tos to offer automated trading tool

  • CHUNG YING
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2009
      Does Prodigio allow automated trading on future or Forex?
      How flexible it is to write my own strategy?
    • Adam Green
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2009
        Just from listening to the various tos chats, as I understand it, the first release will be stock only.

        I don't know for a fact, but I have to imagine that option, future and forex are all functional, but just not made available.  I expect we'll be restricted to paper money and stock only for at least two weeks (until after the mid-Dec release.)

        Until I can code in thinkScript to identify, open and adjust option spreads using the greeks, it's not too useful to me.  I think it's going to be interesting to code scalping techniques and have a fully automated army of "robots" scanning option chains and trading any pricing anomaly or ruthlessly scalping volatility into expiration, etc.  I imagine that's probably six months away, but it's becoming a realistic expectation.  I think.

        I guess the "glass half full" approach would be to acknowledge that there's a helluva lot in the new functionality to learn and become "fluent" before the nature of the underlying trading vehicle matters.

        --
        Adam