Re: [TOS_thinkscript] Re: TTM value chart

  • RPinSC
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 23, 2009
      www.thinkscripter.com I believe has the code under the ProMembership tab

      On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 8:02 PM, n440sx <n440sx@...> wrote:

      I'm looking for the code to run the indicator for a few months to check validity

      --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, Dan Chung <chndragun@...> wrote:

      > How valid is this indicator?

    • bay_trader
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 3, 2009
        What is TTM?

        Thanks,

        Don

        --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, "kozzythedog" <kozzythedog@...> wrote:

        > I have used the TTM ValueChart for TOS. It is pretty accuate on the daily charts for early reversals. I have tried it on the Intraday, but too many false signals. I found it somewhere on the net and I don't see an author in the code, so I'll share what i have with the group.

        > declare lower;
        > def FloatingAxis = Average((high + low) / 2, 5);
        > def VolatilityUnit = Average(Max(high - low, close - close[1]), 5) * 0.2 +0.00001;
        > plot RelHigh = Max(Min((high - FloatingAxis) / VolatilityUnit, 10), 0);
        > RelHigh.setPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM);
        > RelHigh.assignValueColor(
        > if RelHigh >= 4 and RelHigh < 8 then Color.YELLOW
        > else if RelHigh >= 8 then color.RED
        > else Color.GREEN);
        >
        > plot RelLow = Min(Max((low - FloatingAxis) / VolatilityUnit, -10), 0);
        > RelLow.setPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM); RelLow.assignValueColor(
        > if RelLow <= -8 then color.DOWNTICK else
        > if RelLow > -8 and RelLow <= -4 then Color.YELLOW
        > else Color.GREEN);
        > plot ZeroLine = 0;
        > ZeroLine.setStyle(curve.SHORT_DASH); ZeroLine.setDefaultColor(color.PINK);
        >

        > --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, Adam Green <adam.cell.phone@> wrote:
        > >
        > > It looks like that site has been static since June. And thankfully so: The
        > > "author" was in the habit of copying source from the two main thinkScript
        > > sites and other forum and chat sites, then posting to that blog and
        > > declaring it "free." He was also complaining about how unfair it was for
        > > developers to get paid to write code. Kind of a lose-lose take on open
        > > source development. : |
        > >
        > > On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:27 AM, tradescripter <tradescripter@>wrote:
        > >

        > > > have you looked at this:
        > > >

        > > > http://freethinkscript.blogspot.com/2009/05/ttm-like-squeeze-indicator-with.html
        > > >
        > > > I have no knowledge of TTM, so I can't vouch for it.

        > > --
        > > Adam

      • RPinSC
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 3, 2009
          Trade The Markets or tradethemarkets.com

          On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 3:02 PM, bay_trader <dfk@...> wrote:

          What is TTM?

          Thanks,

          Don

          --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, "kozzythedog" <kozzythedog@...> wrote:

          > I have used the TTM ValueChart for TOS. It is pretty accuate on the daily charts for early reversals. I have tried it on the Intraday, but too many false signals. I found it somewhere on the net and I don't see an author in the code, so I'll share what i have with the group.

          > declare lower;
          > def FloatingAxis = Average((high + low) / 2, 5);
          > def VolatilityUnit = Average(Max(high - low, close - close[1]), 5) * 0.2 +0.00001;
          > plot RelHigh = Max(Min((high - FloatingAxis) / VolatilityUnit, 10), 0);
          > RelHigh.setPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM);
          > RelHigh.assignValueColor(
          > if RelHigh >= 4 and RelHigh < 8 then Color.YELLOW
          > else if RelHigh >= 8 then color.RED
          > else Color.GREEN);
          >
          > plot RelLow = Min(Max((low - FloatingAxis) / VolatilityUnit, -10), 0);
          > RelLow.setPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM); RelLow.assignValueColor(
          > if RelLow <= -8 then color.DOWNTICK else
          > if RelLow > -8 and RelLow <= -4 then Color.YELLOW
          > else Color.GREEN);
          > plot ZeroLine = 0;
          > ZeroLine.setStyle(curve.SHORT_DASH); ZeroLine.setDefaultColor(color.PINK);
          >

          > --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, Adam Green <adam.cell.phone@> wrote:
          > >
          > > It looks like that site has been static since June. And thankfully so: The
          > > "author" was in the habit of copying source from the two main thinkScript
          > > sites and other forum and chat sites, then posting to that blog and
          > > declaring it "free." He was also complaining about how unfair it was for
          > > developers to get paid to write code. Kind of a lose-lose take on open
          > > source development. : |
          > >
          > > On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:27 AM, tradescripter <tradescripter@>wrote:
          > >

          > > > have you looked at this:
          > > >

          > > > http://freethinkscript.blogspot.com/2009/05/ttm-like-squeeze-indicator-with.html
          > > >
          > > > I have no knowledge of TTM, so I can't vouch for it.

          > > --
          > > Adam

        • Dan Chung
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 3, 2009

            I was wondering if it’s possible to formulate the 8EMA crossing the 34EMA on the watchlist and show it in different time frames?

            Via, hourly, daily and weekly?

            Thanks

            dan

          • Bill Veeneman
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 4, 2009

              Subject: Re: TTM value chart

              Like most acronyms, there are many meanings.

              Another common meaning is that TTM is also Trailing Twelve Months in the Financial world.

              More info at:

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailing_twelve_months

              Regards,

              Bill Veeneman

            • evnwez
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 4, 2009
                yes, click on the blue dot beside "symbol" header and select "customize".....chose one of the "custom" items and make your study criteria..........you can make a bunch of different ones and select the time frame you want.............

                evnwez

                --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, Dan Chung <chndragun@...> wrote:

                > I was wondering if it's possible to formulate the 8EMA crossing the 34EMA on
                > the watchlist and show it in different time frames?
                >

                > Via, hourly, daily and weekly?
                >

                > Thanks
                >

                > dan

              • adam_green
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                  Using the new paintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW in a chart makes it possible to show the trend of a stock in confirmation or divergence. For example, having a color-coded horizontal line that is green for your "buy" condition, yellow for hold and red for sell or stop, etc. Then run, say four, horizontal plots, the top being say a 1 min, the second row plot as say 5 min the third as say 30 min, then have the last plot show if the week and month charts confirm each other or not (to show long term.) I've been keeping this study on all kinds of things like vix or to compare gs and eur/usd or to see if the rut is ahead or behind another index. Interesting visual study.

                  I'm tidying up the code and will perhaps publish it as thinkscripter after the late dec release of thinkDesktop.