RE: Re: [TOS_thinkscript] How do I get a price at a specific time on the daily chart?

  • oceanbearing
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2013

      I'm trying to plot an indicator called the "smart money flow index".

      "To replicate this index, just start at any given day, subtract the price of the Dow at 10 AM from the previous day's close and add today's closing price"

      ---In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, <tos_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      You want a label that shows the sum of 4 p.m. close price yesterday minus today's 10:00 a.m. close price.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2013
        I'm trying to do the same thing. Have only gotten it to work on an hourly chart (so I can get the closing price at the end of the first hour).

        Seems like such a simple thing, but the documentation states that SecondsFromTime() doesn't work on daily charts or above, and secondary aggregation periods don't work for periods less than the current period.

        Is there any other way?
      • Richard Houser
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 11, 2013

          It'll only work on intraday charts and then it will only work for times that are on an even boundary for the active timeframe. In other words you can't see times less than an hour on an hour chart. There's tons of script examples in the archives for dealing with time of day problems.