AddLabel help request

  • WayLock
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2012
      First, just want to give more kudos to those who so frequently help so many of us here.  By interperlation <sp> I have actually learned to do some things on my own.

      Would it be possible to have the current value of the 13 ExpAverage show in the upper right hand corner ?   If not there,  anywhere would be nice.

      Thanks for your consideration,  and Happy Trading to All !

      Waylock

      def expAvg1 = ExpAverage(close, 13);

      def Above = close > expAvg1;
      def Below = close <= expAvg1;

      plot Dash1 = if Above then 0 else double.nan;
      Dash1.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.DASHES);
      Dash1.SetDefaultColor(Color.DARK_GREEN);
      Dash1.SetLineWeight(5);
      Dash1.HideTitle();
      Dash1.HideBubble();

      plot Dash2 = if Below then 0 else double.nan;
      Dash2.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.DASHES);
      Dash2.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
      Dash2.SetLineWeight(5);
      Dash2.HideTitle();
      Dash2.HideBubble();

    • tradesmonkeydo
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2012
        If the left hand corner will do - try

        def expAvg1 = ExpAverage(close, 13);
        AddLabel(yes, expAvg1, Color.YELLOW );

        I'm just learning too - looking forward to see if others know how to format the label to other locations on the screen.
        Ethan

        --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, WayLock <waylock@...> wrote:

        > First, just want to give more kudos to those who so frequently help so
        > many of us here. By interperlation <sp> I have actually learned to do
        > some things on my own.
        >
        > Would it be possible to have the current value of the 13 ExpAverage show
        > in the upper right hand corner ? If not there, anywhere would be nice.
        >
        > Thanks for your consideration, and Happy Trading to All !
        >
        > Waylock
        >

        > def expAvg1 = ExpAverage(close, 13);
        >
        > def Above = close > expAvg1;
        > def Below = close <= expAvg1;
        >
        > plot Dash1 = if Above then 0 else double.nan;
        > Dash1.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.DASHES);
        > Dash1.SetDefaultColor(Color.DARK_GREEN);
        > Dash1.SetLineWeight(5);
        > Dash1.HideTitle();
        > Dash1.HideBubble();
        >
        > plot Dash2 = if Below then 0 else double.nan;
        > Dash2.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.DASHES);
        > Dash2.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
        > Dash2.SetLineWeight(5);
        > Dash2.HideTitle();
        > Dash2.HideBubble();

      • WayLock
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2012
          Thanks Much, Ethan !

          On 11/1/2012 9:21 AM, tradesmonkeydo wrote:
          > If the left hand corner will do - try
          >
          > def expAvg1 = ExpAverage(close, 13);
          > AddLabel(yes, expAvg1, Color.YELLOW );
          >
          > I'm just learning too - looking forward to see if others know how to format the label to other locations on the screen.
          > Ethan
          >
          > --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, WayLock <waylock@...> wrote:
          >> First, just want to give more kudos to those who so frequently help so
          >> many of us here. By interperlation <sp> I have actually learned to do
          >> some things on my own.
          >>
          >> Would it be possible to have the current value of the 13 ExpAverage show
          >> in the upper right hand corner ? If not there, anywhere would be nice.
          >>
          >> Thanks for your consideration, and Happy Trading to All !
          >>
          >> Waylock
          >>

          >> def expAvg1 = ExpAverage(close, 13);
          >>
          >> def Above = close > expAvg1;
          >> def Below = close <= expAvg1;
          >>
          >> plot Dash1 = if Above then 0 else double.nan;
          >> Dash1.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.DASHES);
          >> Dash1.SetDefaultColor(Color.DARK_GREEN);
          >> Dash1.SetLineWeight(5);
          >> Dash1.HideTitle();
          >> Dash1.HideBubble();
          >>
          >> plot Dash2 = if Below then 0 else double.nan;
          >> Dash2.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.DASHES);
          >> Dash2.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
          >> Dash2.SetLineWeight(5);
          >> Dash2.HideTitle();
          >> Dash2.HideBubble();

        • WayLock
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2012
            Ethan,

            I determined how to change it to define 2 decimal places

            AddLabel(yes, AsText(expAvg1, NumberFormat.TWO_DECIMAL_PLACES));

            Now I can't determine if it is possible to also define the color after
            defining the 2 decimal places. I have tried several things with no success.

            If you know how I would appreciate your help.

            Thanks

            Waylock

            On 11/1/2012 9:21 AM, tradesmonkeydo wrote:
            > If the left hand corner will do - try
            >
            > def expAvg1 = ExpAverage(close, 13);
            > AddLabel(yes, expAvg1, Color.YELLOW );
            >
            > I'm just learning too - looking forward to see if others know how to format the label to other locations on the screen.
            > Ethan
            >
            > --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, WayLock <waylock@...> wrote:
            >> First, just want to give more kudos to those who so frequently help so
            >> many of us here. By interperlation <sp> I have actually learned to do
            >> some things on my own.
            >>
            >> Would it be possible to have the current value of the 13 ExpAverage show
            >> in the upper right hand corner ? If not there, anywhere would be nice.
            >>
            >> Thanks for your consideration, and Happy Trading to All !
            >>
            >> Waylock
            >>

            >> def expAvg1 = ExpAverage(close, 13);
            >>
            >> def Above = close > expAvg1;
            >> def Below = close <= expAvg1;
            >>
            >> plot Dash1 = if Above then 0 else double.nan;
            >> Dash1.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.DASHES);
            >> Dash1.SetDefaultColor(Color.DARK_GREEN);
            >> Dash1.SetLineWeight(5);
            >> Dash1.HideTitle();
            >> Dash1.HideBubble();
            >>
            >> plot Dash2 = if Below then 0 else double.nan;
            >> Dash2.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.DASHES);
            >> Dash2.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
            >> Dash2.SetLineWeight(5);
            >> Dash2.HideTitle();
            >> Dash2.HideBubble();

          • tradesmonkeydo
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2012
              Waylock - nice one thank you. - I had not yet learned how to round.

              To set the color all you needed to do was add the comma after the label content, and then specify color:

              def expAvg1 = 10000.123456789;
              AddLabel(yes, AsText(expAvg1, NumberFormat.TWO_DECIMAL_PLACES),color.plum);

              Cheers,
              Ethan

              --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, WayLock <waylock@...> wrote:

              > Ethan,
              >
              > I determined how to change it to define 2 decimal places
              >
              > AddLabel(yes, AsText(expAvg1, NumberFormat.TWO_DECIMAL_PLACES));
              >
              > Now I can't determine if it is possible to also define the color after
              > defining the 2 decimal places. I have tried several things with no success.
              >
              > If you know how I would appreciate your help.
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Waylock
              >

              > On 11/1/2012 9:21 AM, tradesmonkeydo wrote:
              > > If the left hand corner will do - try
              > >
              > > def expAvg1 = ExpAverage(close, 13);
              > > AddLabel(yes, expAvg1, Color.YELLOW );
              > >
              > > I'm just learning too - looking forward to see if others know how to format the label to other locations on the screen.
              > > Ethan
              > >
              > > --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, WayLock <waylock@> wrote:
              > >> First, just want to give more kudos to those who so frequently help so
              > >> many of us here. By interperlation <sp> I have actually learned to do
              > >> some things on my own.
              > >>
              > >> Would it be possible to have the current value of the 13 ExpAverage show
              > >> in the upper right hand corner ? If not there, anywhere would be nice.
              > >>
              > >> Thanks for your consideration, and Happy Trading to All !
              > >>
              > >> Waylock
              > >>

              > >> def expAvg1 = ExpAverage(close, 13);
              > >>
              > >> def Above = close > expAvg1;
              > >> def Below = close <= expAvg1;
              > >>
              > >> plot Dash1 = if Above then 0 else double.nan;
              > >> Dash1.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.DASHES);
              > >> Dash1.SetDefaultColor(Color.DARK_GREEN);
              > >> Dash1.SetLineWeight(5);
              > >> Dash1.HideTitle();
              > >> Dash1.HideBubble();
              > >>
              > >> plot Dash2 = if Below then 0 else double.nan;
              > >> Dash2.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.DASHES);
              > >> Dash2.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
              > >> Dash2.SetLineWeight(5);
              > >> Dash2.HideTitle();
              > >> Dash2.HideBubble();

            • WayLock
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 2, 2012
                Thanks !

                On 11/2/2012 6:53 AM, tradesmonkeydo wrote:
                > Waylock - nice one thank you. - I had not yet learned how to round.
                >
                > To set the color all you needed to do was add the comma after the label content, and then specify color:
                >
                > def expAvg1 = 10000.123456789;
                > AddLabel(yes, AsText(expAvg1, NumberFormat.TWO_DECIMAL_PLACES),color.plum);
                >
                > Cheers,
                > Ethan
                >

                > --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, WayLock <waylock@...> wrote:
                >> Ethan,
                >>
                >> I determined how to change it to define 2 decimal places
                >>
                >> AddLabel(yes, AsText(expAvg1, NumberFormat.TWO_DECIMAL_PLACES));
                >>
                >> Now I can't determine if it is possible to also define the color after
                >> defining the 2 decimal places. I have tried several things with no success.
                >>
                >> If you know how I would appreciate your help.
                >>
                >> Thanks
                >>
                >> Waylock
                >>

                >> On 11/1/2012 9:21 AM, tradesmonkeydo wrote:
                >>> If the left hand corner will do - try
                >>>
                >>> def expAvg1 = ExpAverage(close, 13);
                >>> AddLabel(yes, expAvg1, Color.YELLOW );
                >>>
                >>> I'm just learning too - looking forward to see if others know how to format the label to other locations on the screen.
                >>> Ethan

              • Deborah Fine
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 2, 2012
                  Ethan,

                  When this is 100% would like to see sshot of final product and code.

                  Deb