Re: Stocks that are breaking out

  • zhenwangtos88
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
      There are other studies as well such as ttm_squeeze or bollinger_bands

      --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Houser" <rhouser@...> wrote:

      > Try experimenting with the ZigZag studies and see if they show what you
      > want. Note that they define the breakout either by percentage move or flat
      > dollar amount rather than time, but the concept is the same.

    • Sai Kodi
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012

        Thanks guys. I did try the TTM squeeze. But TOS isn’t reporting the stocks that just broke out using the TTM Squeeze. Even the stocks that fired long time back are also included in the list of scanned stocks.

        There are other studies as well such as ttm_squeeze or bollinger_bands

        --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Houser" <rhouser@...> wrote:

        > Try experimenting with the ZigZag studies and see if they show what you
        > want. Note that they define the breakout either by percentage move or flat
        > dollar amount rather than time, but the concept is the same.

      • zhenwangtos88
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
          I recall a posting previously on ttm_squeeze some time ago... think this is the thread...

          Would have thought ttm_squeeze would be scannable (but i'm not sure since i've not tried it). But according to the thread above, they check for expansion of bollinger bands vs keltner channel since ttm_squeeze is basically a combination of both.

          --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, Sai Kodi <saikodi@...> wrote:

          > Thanks guys. I did try the TTM squeeze. But TOS isn't reporting the stocks
          > that just broke out using the TTM Squeeze. Even the stocks that fired long
          > time back are also included in the list of scanned stocks.

        • Sai Kodi
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012

            Thanks. I did exactly that and used the same formula. But I see that stocks that were fired quite some time back were included in the scan results. That’s what my dilemma is.

            I recall a posting previously on ttm_squeeze some time ago... think this is the thread...

            Would have thought ttm_squeeze would be scannable (but i'm not sure since i've not tried it). But according to the thread above, they check for expansion of bollinger bands vs keltner channel since ttm_squeeze is basically a combination of both.

            --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, Sai Kodi <saikodi@...> wrote:

            > Thanks guys. I did try the TTM squeeze. But TOS isn't reporting the stocks
            > that just broke out using the TTM Squeeze. Even the stocks that fired long
            > time back are also included in the list of scanned stocks.

          • Arthur
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
              Sai:

              The Darvas Box utilizes break-down/up concepts.

              Arthur

            • Sai Kodi
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012

                Hmm. I am not aware of what Darvas box is. Could you please explain?

                The Darvas Box utilizes break-down/up concepts.

                Arthur

                --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, Sai Kodi <saikodi@...> wrote:

                > Thanks. I did exactly that and used the same formula. But I see that stocks
                > that were fired quite some time back were included in the scan results.
                > That's what my dilemma is.

              • Deborah Fine
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
                  http://www.boxcharts.com/

                  here is some reading about the darvis box and how to it is used

                  Hmm. I am not aware of what Darvas box is. Could you please explain?

                  The Darvas Box utilizes break-down/up concepts.

                  Arthur

                  --- In TOS_thinkscript@yahoogroups.com, Sai Kodi <saikodi@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks. I did exactly that and used the same formula. But I see that stocks
                  > that were fired quite some time back were included in the scan results.
                  > That's what my dilemma is.

                • WayLock
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
                    The Scan feature has its flaws  .........   we have demonstrated that here on more than one occasion.   A current example:  Looking for stocks that are at a low level ( < 15 )  with the 3x Oscillator  ( 21,9,3 )  returns only 15 stocks right now  ( Last
                    > 5 and VolumeAverage > 400,000 ) .  Two of them are ABC with
                    the 3x Osc around 68.9 and another is ODFL with the 3x Osc around 38.7.  These two stocks have been coming up on this scan for several days,  which says to me that  whatever the problem is tends to be a lingering one.  I'm not so much concerned about those that come out that do not qualify,  I have sense enough to see those,  what I am concerned about is those stocks that qualify that don't make the list.  If it goes erroneous one way I tend to believe that it may also go erroneous the other way.  Just my opinion.