The Truth About - William Gann - Square of Nine

  • Mirabo Andreea
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1 3:39 AM

       In this article we will discuss about one of the many methods of analysis William Gann used. He revealed some of his methods to be used by those patients and wise enough to study and understand them.

      We will present you William Gann’s Square of Nine: idea of conception, special properties and the characteristics for bull and bear market. We will then find some specific and less known geometrical and mathematical proportions between the numbers in the square. We will then look on the charts for the numbers in the square. We will discover that between a High and a Low there is a specific ratio. This ratio has an explanation and we will find its origin and use. We will end with having a powerful tool that gives us clear targets for the trend to reach.

      1.       How was William Gann?

      William D. Gann was a trader of the early 20th century. His abilities for profiting from the stock and commodity markets remain unchallenged. Gann’s methods of technical analysis for projecting both price and time targets are unique. Even today, his methods have yet to be fully duplicated.

                      Known as “The Master Trader”, W.D. Gann was born in 1878, in Lufkin , Texas . Gann netted over 50 million $ from the markets during his trading career, averaging a success rate for trades of more than 90%. It has been said that Gann could very well have been right ALL the time. Any losses incurred by him were only there by his own design and not because of any faults with his methods.

                      His successes are legendary. Gann literally converted small accounts into fortunes, increasing their net balances by several hundred percent. There are numerous examples of his trading successes, among which are these:
                                      1908 – a $130 account increased  to $12.000 in 30 days.
                                      1923 – a $973 account increased to $30.000 in 60 days.
                                      1933 – 479 trades were made with 422 being profitable. This is an accuracy of 88% and 4000% profit.
                                      1946 – A 3-month net profit of $13.000 from starting capital of $4500 – a 400% profit.
                      The following paragraph appeared in the December 1909 issue of “Ticket” Magazine. It was written        by R.D. Wyckoff, the former owner and editor of the “Ticket”, and describes Gann’s proficiency for projecting price targets forward in time:

      “One of the most astonishing calculations made by Mr. Gann was during last summer (1909) when he predicted that September Wheat would sell at $1.20. This meant that it must touch that figure before the end of the month of September. At twelve o’clock, Chicago time, on September 30th (the last day) the option was selling bellow $1.08 and it looked as though his prediction would not be fulfilled. Mr. Gann said, ‘If it does not touch $1.20 by the close of the market, it will prove that there is something wrong with my whole method of calculations. I do not care what the price is now, it must go there’. It is common history that September Wheat surprised the whole country but selling at $1.20 and no high in the very last hour of trading, closing at that figure”.

      Find entire article at http://bitly.com/square_of_nine

      Hope it will be useful for someone…
    • Mirabo Andreea

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 28, 2012

          In this article we will discuss about one of the many methods of analysis William Gann used. He revealed some of his methods to be used by those patients and wise enough to study and understand them.

          We will present you William Gannâs Square of Nine: idea of conception, special properties and the characteristics for bull and bear market. We will then find some specific and less known geometrical and mathematical proportions between the numbers in the square. We will then look on the charts for the numbers in the square. We will discover that between a High and a Low there is a specific ratio. This ratio has an explanation and we will find its origin and use. We will end with having a powerful tool that gives us clear targets for the trend to reach.

          1.       How was William Gann?

          William D. Gann was a trader of the early 20th century. His abilities for profiting from the stock and commodity markets remain unchallenged. Gannâs methods of technical analysis for projecting both price and time targets are unique. Even today, his methods have yet to be fully duplicated.
          Known as âThe Master Traderâ, W.D. Gann was born in 1878, in Lufkin , Texas . Gann netted over 50 million $ from the markets during his trading career, averaging a success rate for trades of more than 90%. It has been said that Gann could very well have been right ALL the time. Any losses incurred by him were only there by his own design and not because of any faults with his methods.
           His successes are legendary. Gann literally converted small accounts into fortunes, increasing their net balances by several hundred percent. There are numerous examples of his trading successes, among which are these:
          1908 â a $130 account increased  to $12.000 in 30 days.
          1923 â a $973 account increased to $30.000 in 60 days.
          1933 â 479 trades were made with 422 being profitable. This is an accuracy of 88% and 4000% profit.
          1946 â A 3-month net profit of $13.000 from starting capital of $4500 â a 400% profit.
          The following paragraph appeared in the December 1909 issue of âTicketâ Magazine. It was written   by R.D. Wyckoff, the former owner and editor of the âTicketâ, and describes Gannâs proficiency for projecting price targets forward in time:

          “One of the most astonishing calculations made by Mr. Gann was during last summer (1909) when he predicted that September Wheat would sell at $1.20. This meant that it must touch that figure before the end of the month of September. At twelve o’clock, Chicago time, on September 30th (the last day) the option was selling bellow $1.08 and it looked as though his prediction would not be fulfilled. Mr. Gann said, ‘If it does not touch $1.20 by the close of the market, it will prove that there is something wrong with my whole method of calculations. I do not care what the price is now, it must go there’. It is common history that September Wheat surprised the whole country but selling at $1.20 and no high in the very last hour of trading, closing at that figure”.

          Find entire article at http://bitly.com/square_of_nine

          Hope it will be useful for someone…
           that it must touch that figure before the end of the month of September. At twelve oâclock, Chicago time, on September 30th (the last day) the option was selling bellow $1.08 and it looked as though his prediction would not be fulfilled. Mr. Gann said, âIf it does not touch $1.20 by the close of the market, it will prove that there is something wrong with my whole method of calculations. I do not care what the price is now, it must go thereâ. It is common history that September Wheat surprised the whole country but selling at $1.20 and no high in the very last hour of trading, closing at that figureâ.

          Find entire article at http://bitly.com/square_of_nine

          Hope it will be useful for someoneâ¦

        • Scott Levin
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 30, 2012
            No one said anything but this is good stuff
            and that site had some intersting PDFs so
            thanks Mirabo.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2013
[...]

              œThe Master Traderâ, W.D. Gann was born in 1878, in Lufkin, Texas. Gann netted over 50 million $ from the markets during his trading career, averaging a success rate for trades of more than 90%. It has been said that Gann could very well have been right ALL the time. Any losses incurred by him were only there by his own design and not because of any faults with his methods.
                              His successes are legendary. Gann literally converted small accounts into fortunes, increasing their net balances by several hundred percent. There are numerous examples of his trading successes, among which are these:
              1908 ⓠa $130 account increased  to $12.000 in 30 days.
              1923 â“ a $973 account increased to $3
              0.000 in 60 days.
              1933 â
              “ 479 trades were made with 422 being profitable. This is an accuracy of 88% and 4000% profit.
              1946 â“ A 3-month net profit of $13.000 from starting capital of $4500 â“ a 400% profit
              .
              The following paragraph appeared in the December 1909 issue of âœTicketâ Magazine. It was written       by R.D. Wyckoff, the former owner and editor of the âœTicketâ, and describes Gannâ™s proficiency for projecting price targets forward in time:

              “One of the most astonishing calculations made by Mr. Gann was during last summer (1909) when he predicted that September Wheat would sell at $1.20. This meant that it must touch that figure before the end of the month of September. At twelve o’clock, Chicago time, on September 30th (the last day) the option was selling bellow $1.08 and it looked as though his prediction would not be fulfilled. Mr. Gann said, ‘If it does not touch $1.20 by the close of the market, it will prove that there is something wrong with my whole method of calculations. I do not care what the price is now, it must go there’. It is common history that September Wheat surprised the whole country but selling at $1.20 and no high in the very last hour of trading, closing at that figure”.

              Find entire article at http://bitly.com/square_of_nine

              Hope it will be useful for someone…

            • Jim Cate
              Message 6 of 7 , May 15, 2013

                Looks kinda like spam.

                Anyways, it is an interesting topic.   Is there Square of Nine functionality available in TOS?   The math for that and the hexagon are pretty simple if not.   Then again, I’ve got other software doing that dirty deed so I don’t really need it developed or anything.   Just wondering.

                Message 7 of 7 , May 15, 2013
                  We have something called Gann Levels or price or something. Made my whole chart shrink.Can't seem to find it
                  in there now. We also have one from Richard for daily charts which works quite well. Should be in the files section.Let me know if you can't find it.

                  Lash