Volunteer with Light The Night This Saturday!!

  • martinmcnutt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2010
      Hello Fabulous Coaches!

      I have been asked to reach out to you all with a different type of volunteer opportunity with LLS, a fun volunteer activity that I myself have done in the past. This Saturday, my colleagues who run another fundraising campaign called "Light The Night," LLS's charity walk, need 3 volunteers to be walk leads. Below is a description of what the duties entail. It is easy, and it is fun. Moreover, it is a great way to be involved with LLS outside of Team In Training. Let me know if you are interested in helping out, and I will connect you with the Light The Night folks.

      Have a great Wednesday!

      Thanks,
      Martin

      Walk Route Lead Volunteer
      Montgomery County - Light The Night Walk
      Saturday, October 9, 2010
      3:00 PM – 8:00 PM
      7:00 PM - Walk Begins – 1.5 Miles

      Needs:
      One main lead to wear LTN backpack
      Two supporting walk leads to wear backpack

      The purpose of this activity is to ensure that all walkers proceed safely throughout the course.

      Process:
      • 3:00PM
      o Walk the walk route with the map provided and mark off the spots where volunteers should be placed you will have 50 volunteers
       Main spots will be on corners
      • 4:00PM
      o Volunteers arrive
      o Provide each volunteer with route map, flashlight, and trash bag
      • 5:00PM
      o Walk the route with volunteers and drop each volunteer to a designated location along the route
       Lead should give out cell number to volunteers in case of emergency.
      • 6:30PM
      o Walk Leads collect Light The Night Back Pack and wait for the signal from LTN staff to start the walk