Steam Excursion, June 29, 1956

  • donlhand@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14 1:06 PM
      Members - On Feb 17, 2012, I posted "Station at Hempstead", asking about a photo I had recently found.

      Hempstead residents recall it as a photo of the Hempstead Centennial celebration, and that the passenger cars standing on the mainline were used in an excursion to Houston, on 6/29/56. A reliable source recalls that the excursion returned to Hempstead pulled by a steam engine.

      I've searched Waller County newspaper archives online, but not found coverage of this excursion during the Centennial celebration.

      Can someone point me toward additional information? I'd appreciate that.

      Don Hand