Fwd: Former SP Sinton/Gregory Line

  • William J. Neill
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2009
      A few months ago, a query was made about operations around Gregory.
      Herewith up-to-date information on that topic.

      Bill Neill
      Conroe, Texas

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Fred Babin"
      Date: December 4, 2009 8:02:59 AM CST
      Subject: Former SP Sinton/Gregory Line

      BILL -
      Quite sometime back you asked how many jobs UP was working on the
      former SP Sinton/Gregory line and I was finally able to get the
      info. They are currently working 3 x 6-day jobs. One switches local
      Gregory/Ingleside industries (OxyChem, Dupont and Sherwin Alumina -
      formerly Reynolds Metals); one is the Gregory/Sinton shuttle that
      also does some yard work at Sinton; and one does other yard work,
      blocking, etc. at Gregory. Other known business on the line includes
      inbound unit trains of limestone aggregates from San Antonio for
      Martin-Mariett's facility at Gregory. Road power stays with the rock
      trains for the return empty trip. All of this suggests to me the line
      continues to be a money maker.
      Fred