Re: [TNO] Re: Freight Cars

  • Anthony Thompson
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2006
      Lee A. Gautreaux wrote:
      > The tank car has obviously been renumbered for MW service. I do
      > know that T&NO had revenue tanks in classes O-50-5, -6 and -7, all
      > of which seem to match the car in the photo's general dimentions, as
      > they are all 12,000 gallon cars.

      The O-50-5 cars from Pressed Steel Car were substantially
      different from the O-50-6 and -7 cars from AC&F, particularly in tank
      proportions and higher walkways. As SP was building 12,500 gallon
      nominal capacity tank cars from before the O-50 classes, up to O-50-13,
      this capacity is not terribly distinctive <g>.
      Incidentally, Lee, you show SP 49689 as a CS-25A, which is
      wrong; it is the underframe from an O-50-2 tank, converted to a flat
      car. (The tank from the car became SP 49401, as clearly shown in SP
      accounting records.) Have a look at an early 20th century ORER: SP
      49689 is a flat car.

      Publishers of books on railroad history
    • Jim Pattillo
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2006