Re: [TMS470_ARM] Digest Number 51

  • Don Owens
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2006
      This is actually what I think I'm going to do. Use the TI board to learn the chip well enough to do my own files with the kickstart kit.

      On a second note, does anyone have any experience use the 1Mbyte flash version with DMA and SPI. I would like to build up a block of data to transfer in ram to another chip and would like to use DMA to automate that sending process. There is a short note about doing just this in the reference manual but they give very few details about it, and I've yet to find any example anywhere where someone was using the DMA for anything. Does anyone know of such a creature out on the net?

      Be easy on me :) . I'm new to the TMS470, but not new to uC's , and I've been doing FPGA work for a while and haven't dealt with this stuff much. I miss being able to build completely independent IO modules on FPGA's that would do just such a DMA transfer :)

      Thanks so much!

      --Don

      TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      Home is just a click away.� Make Yahoo! your home page now.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/dN_tlB/TM--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Has anyone used the gcc toolkit with the 470 yet?
      From: "Jerry [Signum]" jerry@...

      Message 1
      From: "Jerry [Signum]" jerry@...
      Date: Thu May 18, 2006 3:10pm(PDT)
      Subject: Re: Has anyone used the gcc toolkit with the 470 yet?

      Rick,

      I am sure you can find a header file for TMS470 if you "google" it.
      If not, ask TI support or buy their TMS470 demo board which comes with code examples.

      To program TMS470 flash, you need to have the JTAGjet-ARM emulator, which comes with
      Chameleon Debugger and flash programming plug-in.
      You can also use TI's free Flash470 utility which supports their XDS510 emulators and JTAGjet-ARM.

      Jerry