HET

  • Rakesh Kumar
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5 11:39 AM
      Hello All,

      I am little confused about HET.
      what exactly is HET..how is it different from ordinary timer in other TMS processors???

      what are the steps to be followed while writing code right from scratch.

      plz let me know..

      Regards,

    • JohnStosh
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8 5:59 AM
        It is basically a second processor, but with a different instruction set -- I guess you already know about having to write code for the HET.
        The TI site has some nice manuals on the HET, you might start there for the basic answers.
        It was apparently designed for an automotive application, so it has many confusing little options.  Nonetheless, you can perform basic operations without much fuss -- just pay attention to the details.
        The IAR development suite is the easiest way to use the HET, but you technically could just assemble the machine code by hand.  Note that the HET doesn't have a lot of memory.
        -Stosh