Re: Loading TMS470R1B1M with IAR Workbench through JTAG

  • rudypinal
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2008
      --- In TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com, JohnStosh <johnstosh@...> wrote:

      > Dear Rudy,
      >
      > The TMS470 can locate it's RAM and FLASH memories at various
      addresses. Further, the development system supports dozens of
      processors and fully a dozen ARM processors.
      > So you need to clue in not just the linker but the FLASH utility as
      well.
      > In order to burn the FLASH memory, the development system needs to
      load a flash loader into the RAM of the target system, and then feed
      it the bytes to program into FLASH.
      > It is quite involved -- take a look at the source code that comes
      with IAR for ARM.
      > I've personally found the PDF manuals to be illuminating, but it
      does take quite some time to sit down and read them; so I tend to read
      only the pieces I need at the moment.
      > As many things, it is most helpful to start with example code and
      then modify it until it meets your needs. IAR provides very nice
      examples.

      > Kind Regards,
      > -Stosh

      JTAG

      > I am new to programming microcontrollers and have a question about an
      > error I get loading my software. When I download, the workbench debug
      > log tells me that there are warnings but that it downloaded. However,
      > when I look at the warnings, it looks like it has trouble reading
      > every address that is created in the linked file. It will give
      > messages like, "target byte: 0x00, byte in file: 0x48". Does anybody
      > know what could be causing this? I have heard that maybe I need to
      > invoke a macro to set up my registers for the TMS470 first, but I am
      > not sure why I would have to do this if all of my source code invokes
      > the proper addresses, according to TIs documentation.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Rudy

      Thank You for your help. I did manage to talk to somebody about this
      and they said the exact same thing that you did. I did not know this
      and will keep this in mind for the next time.

      Thanks again,
      Rudy