Migrate code from tasking to sdcc

  • Gala Dragos
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 26, 2008
      Ok, this question is bit off-topic but I was wondering
      if somebody has a tutorial or something about how to
      migrate C# code written in tasking compiler to the
      SDCC compiler. The uP used is 8051 based (TUSB6250)
      and I don't have access to the tasking compiler so I'm
      struggling to translate code from tasking to sdcc. Any
      help will do, thanks.

      "It is time for us to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever, the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it."
      -Vince Lombardi

      Everybody can learn how to make kids, but not everyone can raise them right!

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • john
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
        By the time you port the code over you will have re-written most all
        of the code in order to compensate for all the limitation of the
        8051. The 8051 architecture wasn't designed to handle the event-
        driven program method.

        --- In TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com, Gala Dragos <gala_dragos@...>

        ______________
        > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

      • Gala Dragos
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 28, 2008
          The code I am using is an original version of the
          TUSB6250 source code from TI so event driven or not,
          it works! Unfortunately Tasking has a slightly
          different way of code arrangement so it makes it
          difficult to migrate to other compiler. I've googled
          but found only a migration note for the c166 compiler,
          from keil to tasking, but nothing about c51 compiler.
          I'm trying to migrate this code so I can modify it to
          be used in a music player application.
          Your suggestion is actually to rewrite the whole code?

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 29, 2008
            Porting task driven code in C++ or C# to a procedural method will be
            a lot of work. When your done the code will look so different that
            you will pretty much have rewritten it. Since the 8052 core is
            specially modified to use the task driven method you should just keep
            it that way and only try to port from C# to C.