Re: DMA troubles

  • hammond_sp
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 26, 2008
      Thanks for pointing this out, it saves me quite a bit of time and a
      big headache. As I was searching for an answer to this problem,
      though, I noticed the expansion but data bits (EBDATA[0:7]) are
      multiplexed with the GIOE pins. I hope to be able to use this to find
      a solution to this problem.

      Thanks again,
      -hammond

      --- In TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "marjan_hanc" <marjan.hanc@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > won't work, since I/O ports don't have corresponding DMAREQx (see
      > TMS470R1B1M chip manual TI-SPNS109A, rev. 8/2006, page 20).
      >
      > But what you can try is to use the EBM with suitable latch. Just idea
      > since I don't know your design.
      >
      > Regards,
      > M.
      >
      > --- In TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "hammond_sp" <hammond_sp@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Something I forgot to add, the port I'm watching for the data is port
      > > D for debugging purposes, not port E. Sorry if this is a double post,
      > > been having internet issues lately.
      > >
      > > -hammond
      > >
      > > --- In TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "hammond_sp" <hammond_sp@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello,
      > > >
      > > > Lately I've been having trouble getting the DMA to work as I want it
      > > > to. Hopefully, the end goal will be to write data from the source
      > > > address register (ScreenBuffer) to the destination (GIODOUTE)
      over and
      > > > over again, but have had little success. Here's the code I'm using:
      > > >
      > > > void DMASetup(void)
      > > > {
      > > > // Setup the control packet 0
      > > > DMAC00 = ( INTEN | NCPACK_0 | TRSIZE_0 | SRCINC );
      > > > DMASA00 = (unsigned long) &ScreenBuffer;
      > > > DMADA00 = (unsigned long) &GIODOUTD;
      > > > DMATC00 = 3400; // Send 3400 bytes at a time
      > > >
      > > > // Setup the general DMA regs
      > > > DMACC0 = IL0; // Set the DMA interrupt priority to 1
      > > > DMAGC = 0x00000000;
      > > > DMACPS |= 0x1; // Show that control packet 0 is ready
      > > > DMAS = 0;
      > > >
      > > > // Start the DMA?
      > > > DMACCP0 = CCPACK0_0 | DMEN0;
      > > > }
      > > >
      > > > void DMAUpdate(void)
      > > > {
      > > > DMACCP0 = DMEN0;
      > > > DMASA00 = (unsigned long) &ScreenBuffer;
      > > > DMAS = 0; //clears interrupt flags
      > > > DMACPS |= 0x1;
      > > > }
      > > >
      > > > The DMASetup is called once, and DMAUpdate is called periodically.
      > > > I've read the previous posts about DMA and SPI, but haven't been
      able
      > > > to get this thing working from the information given. I thought
      this
      > > > would be simple, but please let me know if you see where this
      could be
      > > > going wrong.
      > > >
      > > > -hammond

    • Gala Dragos
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 26, 2008
        Ok, this question is bit off-topic but I was wondering
        if somebody has a tutorial or something about how to
        migrate C# code written in tasking compiler to the
        SDCC compiler. The uP used is 8051 based (TUSB6250)
        and I don't have access to the tasking compiler so I'm
        struggling to translate code from tasking to sdcc. Any
        help will do, thanks.

        "It is time for us to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever, the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it."
        -Vince Lombardi

        Everybody can learn how to make kids, but not everyone can raise them right!

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • john
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
          By the time you port the code over you will have re-written most all
          of the code in order to compensate for all the limitation of the
          8051. The 8051 architecture wasn't designed to handle the event-
          driven program method.

          --- In TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com, Gala Dragos <gala_dragos@...>

          ______________
          > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

        • Gala Dragos
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 28, 2008
            The code I am using is an original version of the
            TUSB6250 source code from TI so event driven or not,
            it works! Unfortunately Tasking has a slightly
            different way of code arrangement so it makes it
            difficult to migrate to other compiler. I've googled
            but found only a migration note for the c166 compiler,
            from keil to tasking, but nothing about c51 compiler.
            I'm trying to migrate this code so I can modify it to
            be used in a music player application.
            Your suggestion is actually to rewrite the whole code?

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 29, 2008
              Porting task driven code in C++ or C# to a procedural method will be
              a lot of work. When your done the code will look so different that
              you will pretty much have rewritten it. Since the 8052 core is
              specially modified to use the task driven method you should just keep
              it that way and only try to port from C# to C.