SPI on TMS470: Unexpected Results

  • nogo1233
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2007
      I'm working with the TMS470R1B1M using IAR's kickstart board using
      example code provided by Ti's website for the 4 pin master
      configuration for SPI. When I'm stepping through the debugger in IAR
      workbench I'm noticing my SPI1DAT0 register is always set to 0xFFFF on
      write in the register watch, and when I read from SPI1BUF it does not
      clear the RXINT flag. This only happens when I step to that line, when
      I let it run through, it will clear the flag. Also, watching output on
      the oscilloscope, the SIMO pin will go high for a time with no clock
      input, and the SCS stays high.

      Any insight as to why I'm getting these results would be helpful.

      Thanks