TMS470R1A64 booting

  • manoharan raja
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2007
      Hi ,

      Is that possible to boot TMS470R1A64 from external memory but i am not finding the external Address bus and data bus for this controller except the IOs .Is that Jtag ,the only way to download the binary for this controller?

      Or can we us the HET for booting the ARM in this Controller (Sorry if this is not a valid question).

      If it is not possible to boot from external memmory for TMS470R1A64
      then is that possible to boot from the external memory for TMS470R1B1M As this has EBM?
      Pls anyone help me in this regard.

      Thanks in Advance

    • marjan_hanc
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2007
        If there is no external bus than not. Also for R1B1M you need
        some internal code to set up the EBM, before you can run app.
        from external mem.

        Since R1B1M has quite a lot application space I wonder why you need
        external booting at all ?

        Regards,
        Marjan

        --- In TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com, manoharan raja <stick2mano@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi ,
        >
        > Is that possible to boot TMS470R1A64 from external memory but i
        am not finding the external Address bus and data bus for this
        controller except the IOs .Is that Jtag ,the only way to download the
        binary for this controller?

        > Or can we us the HET for booting the ARM in this Controller (Sorry
        if this is not a valid question).

        > If it is not possible to boot from external memmory for TMS470R1A64
        > then is that possible to boot from the external memory for
        TMS470R1B1M As this has EBM?

        > Pls anyone help me in this regard.
        >
        > Thanks in Advance
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

      • manoharan raja
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13, 2007
          Thanks for your reply..
          Is that in any case,Boot Binary can be loaded only to the internal Memory and that too via Jtag port?

          Regards,
          Mano

          wrote:

          > Hi ,
          >
          > Is that possible to boot TMS470R1A64 from external memory but i
          am not finding the external Address bus and data bus for this
          controller except the IOs .Is that Jtag ,the only way to download the
          binary for this controller?

          > Or can we us the HET for booting the ARM in this Controller (Sorry
          if this is not a valid question).

          > If it is not possible to boot from external memmory for TMS470R1A64
          > then is that possible to boot from the external memory for
          TMS470R1B1M As this has EBM?

          > Pls anyone help me in this regard.
          >
          > Thanks in Advance

          <*> Your email settings: